CDT Vaccine Smell?

runaelle

Just born
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if it is just me or not. Does anyone else notice that the CDT vaccine has an offensive smell? I'm not sure if that is normal or not or just me. Has anyone else noticed this when vaccinating? No, the vaccine isn't expired and it has been kept refrigerated and no needles reused when drawing. I noticed this right after administrating it and some missed the mark. Thank you for any opinions anyone might have.

Dandy Hill Farm

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Huh, I've never noticed any kind of smell from CD/T when using it. I've also never purposely tried to smell it, so maybe I've just missed it? I don't know, that's strange. What brand are you using?

runaelle

Just born
Reaction score
Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Huh, I've never noticed any kind of smell from CD/T when using it. I've also never purposely tried to smell it, so maybe I've just missed it? I don't know, that's strange. What brand are you using?
I'm using Bar-Vac CD/T from Tractor Supply. I do have a sensitive nose and people say that smells change for them after covid which I have had a couple times mildly. I haven't purposely smelled it, just when prepping the syringes I noticed.

mysunwolf

Herd Master
Reaction score
It smells like chemicals and alcohol to me. Nothing that's any different from any other vaccine. I'm curious as to what you think your bottle smells like?

runaelle

Just born
Reaction score
It has always smelled a little off to me. I probably have used 4 bottles in total. This bottle has separated since I used it last. It just smells off. No particular smell one thing I can say. Maybe it is just me. I know covid can really throw off your senses. Thank you all for your opinions. It seems to be either me or a bad bottle. I'll throw this one away and get a new one for the next group of ewes that need vaccination.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It has always smelled a little off to me. I probably have used 4 bottles in total. This bottle has separated since I used it last. It just smells off. No particular smell one thing I can say. Maybe it is just me. I know covid can really throw off your senses. Thank you all for your opinions. It seems to be either me or a bad bottle. I'll throw this one away and get a new one for the next group of ewes that need vaccination.
Good plan, seems best to chuck it.

Latest posts