Cecilia's Journal- My Crazy Family

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Haven't been on in a second! Happy belated Easter! We spent ours in the emergency vet hospital but all in all it was a great day. Poor Auggie (dog, 12) was knocked over at the park with his friends and we thought he dislocated his hip. Thankfully it was just a lot of bruising and some bad arthritis in the knees. He's still recovering (mostly mentally) but hes good! We did get to Mass thankfully. The church was practically empty which was disappointing.

-God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Get a GermGuardian for their room and maybe one for yours. They are the best thing I got advice on when I had my first. It is a UV-C, HEPA, and carbon air filter. Available for ~$90 on Amazon. Great for keeping one sick kid in bunk room from spreading it to the others.

I may try this! I want them to have a solid immune system but seeing them sick sucks.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had a great Mother's Day around here!

Abby had her first Mother's day with us yesterday. Her due date is in 10 days! Crazy to think about. She is staying with us possibly until early June. Her dad had to make a very last-minute trip to Texas to help out his sister. She needed a farmhand while they are trying to move. Poor guy, missing the birth of his first grandson.

My mom and the family went to brunch yesterday! Great Mother's Day all in all.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welp, funny enough. I jinxed us again! Abby started having pretty painful contractions this morning at around 7 am. We are setting up the beds and pool now, hoping for a baby boy before tomorrow! The midwife hasn't been called yet, we are waiting it out.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Woohoo! She’s doing very well, definitely getting a little closer. Her waters just broke after a (I assume) terribly long 12 hours. About to call the midwife, get her in the tub, and fix a nice little snack for her, if she wants it that is.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A2B43398-3ED6-4A19-AFF3-967D97B40653.jpeg

My girl did it. She really did it. 🥲

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone! And a very special thanks to my wife for becoming our impromptu birth photographer. Mama and baby are doing well, something like 8 pounds I believe. Happy, healthy itty bitty baby boy. We have pushed back her finals until early June. Give her a brain break.