Cecilia's List For the Twins (And birth story)

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have 2 girls but since you are going to have one of each ....
put a towel or diaper over the little guy's privates as you take off the diaper ... unless you like fountains. I understand the air temp change can have certain effects ;)
:sick Good to know... I don't have much experience with men..

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
put a towel or diaper over the little guy's privates as you take off the diaper ... unless you like fountains. I understand the air temp change can have certain effects ;)
Do this! A cloth diaper or extra burp cloth works great. My little guy has done a water fountain impression several times. He got the doctor and the nurse at one of the visits...

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I highly recommend the muslin swaddle blankets from Cloud Island. I got two three packs at my baby shower and I went and bought another three pack myself. 9 seems like a lot, but a baby can get them messy quite fast and you want enough of whatever you are using to have some in all stages of wash and readiness, this also applies to baby clothes. They are giant squares, so you can fold in half to have two long sides to swaddle. You can also use it as a nursing cover when pumping or breastfeeding, and I fold in half or quarters to use as blanket for munchkin.

We use a Chicco KeyFit 30 car seat, which just clicks into the base. The base lives in the car and stays attached. The stroller also has the same click in base, I don't know if they make a stroller like this for twins but I bet they do. You can buy bases separate so you have them set up in both your or your wife's car so you don't have to move them, but that might get expensive with twins.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, yes. Very hard thing for someone who s my father's daughter, you tend to not care what people think. 🤣
Consideration for others........ and yes, you do need to care about other people. I'm with you on that thought, but time gives one the wisdom to know there are times to squelch the devil may care attitude. Flopping boobies out in public is one of those times. ;)

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can buy bases separate so you have them set up in both your or your wife's car so you don't have to move them, but that might get expensive with twins.
No that’s a great idea! I’ll be too sleep deprived to not spend the extra money

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you going to have a baby shower? If yes, put all these things on your baby registry and DON'T buy anything more than you already have until AFTER the shower. People like to buy cute baby stuff and guaranteed you will get plenty of baby clothes at the shower.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Baby shower date is tbd at this point. It was supposed to be in November but I forgot to make invitations. Don’t want to be too short notice. Maybe December 12? I’ll make and send invitations today. Not like I have much else to do.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I figured I would buy all of this-
natural wood cribs for later in life
Bassinet that doesn't attach to our bed- feels safer for me
4 crib sheets
2 crib mattresses
baby monitor
changing pad
bigger dresser
toy basket
close lid trash can
Because its all pretty specific and expensive. Also it would make me feel better to get it off my plate.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I figured I would buy all of this-

Because its all pretty specific and expensive. Also it would make me feel better to get it off my plate.
Nope, put all the smaller stuff on your list. The cribs and dresser you probably should get yourself so you get the ones you want. The rest of the stuff though you will probably get at the shower. Anything you don't, you can buy afterwards.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Given you are having 2, which will close to double your costs, maybe some of your shower goers would want to get together to pay for one or more of the more expensive items ;)