Cecilia's List For the Twins (And birth story)

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My much needed Checklist
Nursery plans-
Rusty Barn red accent wall, cream for the rest of it✅
natural wood cribs for later in life✅
Bassinet that doesn't attach to our bed- feels safer for me✅
4 crib sheets
2 crib mattresses✅
baby monitor
changing pad✅
bigger dresser✅
toy basket✅
close lid trash can✅

Clothes
Swaddles- linen, wool, lots of cotton
12 onsies
8 shirts
8 pants
8 one piece pjs
baptism outfits
6 newborn hats
2 newborn coats
4 fleces
8 pairs of socks
no scratch mittens

On the Go
2 baby carseats
stroller
stroller blankets
Nursing blankets

Diapers
Cloth diapers in many brands
premie diapers- disposable
newborn diapers- disposable-for nightime
baby wipes
diaper cream
diaper bag

Bath
baby bathtub- do I need 2?
baby shampoo
6 hooded towels
3 washcloths
lotion
snot sucker

Nursing needs
Bag balm
pump- insurance provided
4 oz bottles x4
milk storage bags
nursing pads
2 high chairs✅
8 bibs
6 burp cloths
feeding pillow for tandem

Grooming care
first aid kit
baby thermometer
6 pacifiers- on the fence

Playtime
2 baby swings
2 baby play mats
play pen✅

IS THERE ANYTHING I'M MISSING?

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
IS THERE ANYTHING I'M MISSING?
Probably, I'll have to think on it ;)

6 pacifiers- on the fence
DD1 was a pacifier baby, we had to get her one when we started to lose feeling and blood in our little fingers. The pediatrician told us we had to wean her off it when she was maybe 3. DD2 got a pacifier in her mouth, spit it out, never again.

So no rush to get TOO many pacifiers. Baby 1, pacifier hits the ground. Parent freaks out, throws it away or washes it with bleach. Baby 2, pacifier hits the ground. Parent picks it up, spits on it, wipes it on their shirt and stuffs it back in the baby's mouth. Not sure how that works with twins ;)

My kids liked their baby jumper, they need to be old enough to sit on their own for that so no rush.

bigger dresser
With "rails" for baby changing?

2 baby car seats

One thing I've seen that didn't exist when mine were little are carriers that click into a base "permanently" mounted in the car. That way you don't have to strap the baby into the seat IN the car (which can be a LOT of no fun if they don't want to be in there) and you have something to carry them to, from, into the restaurant, etc. Get the kind with the "kinked" handle so you can carry it without twisting your wrist. You are gonna have some seriously strong arms carrying two carriers at the same time :D

premie diapers- disposable
Don't buy those until you know you are going to need them ;) Even at 5# 9oz out the chute, dropped to 5# 1 oz before gaining back, DD1 wasn't in preemie diapers. She was always lowest 5% on height and weight.

baby bathtub- do I need 2?
I would think only if you and someone else will be bathing the kids simultaneously.

We washed them in the kitchen sink until they were big enough for the bathtub. We had a little "triangle on legs" thing to put them in before they could sit up on their own.
My step-mother gave us a "bath hat" thing, basically a flat ring that kept water from getting on the baby's face at bath time. They don't seem to enjoy waterboarding.

Bassinet that doesn't attach to our bed- feels safer for me
Plus you can put one on each side so Gianna can share the joy of waking up AND having to do something about the crying baby every 2 hours ;)

natural wood cribs for later in life
Nice to get matching ones though for a time I suspect you can have both in the same crib if they want to be together.

Nursing blankets for winter- summer I don't care who sees my boobs
:gig
Hopefully you won't run into any of those people who think breastfeeding babies in public is totally unacceptable.

Nursing needs
Nursing bras, unless you plan to go commando ;) That could be kinda messy with leakage.
They make nursing shirts too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wore big T-shirts, just slip baby up under the shirt. Unbuttoning and exposing my chest ain't my style. Plus baby kicks off the blanket.

Baby Tylenol
Baby motrin
Vaseline to rub their bottom, won't get diaper rash

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wore big T-shirts, just slip baby up under the shirt. Unbuttoning and exposing my chest ain't my style. Plus baby kicks off the blanket.

Baby Tylenol
Baby motrin
Vaseline to rub their bottom, won't get diaper rash
I’m totally cool with unbuttoning my shirt 😉, especially if I do have to tandem in public.

Baby medication! Thanksfor the reminder.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big shirt that you can slip them under is much more discrete and won't flip people out. Then there are the little kids who don't have any idea, bug eyed, staring and you know their parents are going to tell them something stupid.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Big shirt that you can slip them under is much more discrete and won't flip people out. Then there are the little kids who don't have any idea, bug eyed, staring and you know their parents are going to tell them something stupid.
Oh yeah I guess I forgot, try not to look like an as/hole

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just changing pads, is that ok?
What will keep the baby from rolling off when you so very briefly turn away?
Oh, never mind, I Googled "Changing pad". Never heard of such a thing, we just had a fairly thin pad on the changing table.

And, somewhat related:
We have 2 girls but since you are going to have one of each ....
put a towel or diaper over the little guy's privates as you take off the diaper ... unless you like fountains. I understand the air temp change can have certain effects ;)

Latest posts