Cecilia's List For the Twins (And birth story)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Keep in mind some of the expense of kids are the things you want instead of things that are actually needed. Baby shoes are ridiculously cute, but not needed. Mittens are the same. Most long sleeve baby onesies are long enough they can barely reach the ends of the sleeves, plus babies learn through touch so preventing them from feeling things could slow them down.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind some of the expense of kids are the things you want instead of things that are actually needed. Baby shoes are ridiculously cute, but not needed. Mittens are the same. Most long sleeve baby onesies are long enough they can barely reach the ends of the sleeves, plus babies learn through touch so preventing them from feeling things could slow them down.
absolutely NO shoes. Mittens aren’t needed. No scratch mittens might be, but that’s something you buy as you need it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure I agree on the "no mittens" thing. It can get pretty cold here! Unless you are talking about newborns when, like Larsen said, their hands are probably covered by the sleeves anyway. I agree on the no shoes, especially when they are learning to walk.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure I agree on the "no mittens" thing. It can get pretty cold here! Unless you are talking about newborns when, like Larsen said, their hands are probably covered by the sleeves anyway. I agree on the no shoes, especially when they are learning to walk.
Yeah, especially as I could give birth in February. Hopefully not but it could happen. :fl

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m starting to write my emergency hospital birth plan. Makes me sad but it’s necessary. Any tips?
So far all I have is I want the twins to be saved over me if it comes to that.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:ep
I'm pretty sure DW didn't have such a thing.
I'm glad you had faith that your home birth wouldn't go south. With twins there is far more anxiety over emergency c-sections ect.

Latest posts