Cecilia's List For the Twins (And birth story)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course after I posted I did think that there is always a possibility of having to make such a decision at the hospital as well. Not common enough for concern maybe?

Though, looking back, "emergency hospital birth plan" does sort of seem like it is a thing for the hospital!

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Of course after I posted I did think that there is always a possibility of having to make such a decision at the hospital as well. Not common enough for concern maybe?

Though, looking back, "emergency hospital birth plan" does sort of seem like it is a thing for the hospital!
Haha yes some people who want hospital births make birth plans too! I just need one in case I pass out or die. Pain doesn't effect me but labor pain just might. I'm just hoping we don't have a breech baby. I really don't want a c-section. The recovery time is horrid.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m starting to write my emergency hospital birth plan. Makes me sad but it’s necessary. Any tips?
So far all I have is I want the twins to be saved over me if it comes to that.
I always plan.

So even though we had had 4 successful vaginal births (hospital, clinic, car, then home), when birth 5 went south I knew HOW I wanted them to do the c, and EXACTLY how to sew everything back up.

Kid 5 is now 13... so I can no longer remember the terms etc.

But I researched medical papers and knew the terminology. I told them which technique I wanted used.

Turns out some doctors actually sew the uterus back together in one layer... it is better if they take way more time and sew each muscle layer separately (as in, duh). I even researched the best stitch...

Also, we didn't have any early babies.... but I had also researched that... and did a quick review at each new pregnancy.

So I knew at least basically which interventions I would approve of, and which I did not.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just hoping we don't have a breech baby.
You will have to research as to the positioning of twins.... but there are ways to naturally encourage babies to end up like they should.

The midwives we went to would always check the position of the baby. I can't remember at which stage of pregnancy they cared (super tiny, and it doesn't matter what they are doing in there).

But if it looked like the baby was starting to settle into an incorrect position then steps were taken to straighten the baby out.

Easiest, least invasive was floor scrubbing. Yep, hands and knees, scrub the floor, for an hour or more a day.

But there was also acupuncture, external rotation... stuff. There is stuff you can do to get those babies where you want them. Not that they always listen. And sometimes the second you have them lined up right they flip back to "wrong".

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Went to a rugby game on Sunday (shhhh don't tell the midwife) I was in a wheelchair though. I saw the girls play their last game of the season. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. 5th place overall.