1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

'Chastity belt' for a ram?

Discussion in 'Everything Else Sheep' started by Iceblink, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Mar 4, 2017
    cteague

cteague Loving the herd life

I know this post was in 2015 but was wondering if u got to test the harness on the buck after he knew how to breed? I hate putting my buck up in the barn to keep them seperated. Right now its my only option. I dont have a buck pen yet. Thanks.

2. Mar 5, 2017
    Roving Jacobs

Roving Jacobs Seeing Spots

I haven't used it on any senior bucks and frankly the angoras aren't particularly virile or smart so I'm not sure it would work on goats or sheep with more brains. People in Africa have good success with it though and there's a place that sells them now that claims good success.

secuono likes this.
  3. Mar 6, 2017
    cteague

Hmmmm. I dont know if i want to chance it. Lol. I dont want babies in the middle of summer. Guess we are just gonna have to build him another area. I let the girls and babies out during the day when im off work. He screams to high heavens and everyone stops and tells me hes hurt or something. Lol. And hes a nubian. They are vocal enough. This is times 10. Lol

4. Mar 6, 2017
    cteague

That might just work. I may get him one. Thanks for the website!