'Chastity belt' for a ram?

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
An old, old thread but I used a homemade "olor" for a goat buck based on what people use in Africa to prevent goat kids in the dry season. I just attached a piece of tarp to a dog harness with some zip ties. He didn't get anyone bred when wearing it but he was young and not the brightest buck ever so I can't guarantee it would work for everyone. If it's not the end of the world if some ewes get bred accidentally it might be worth a try.

9679646891_1af4084419.jpg
I know this post was in 2015 but was wondering if u got to test the harness on the buck after he knew how to breed? I hate putting my buck up in the barn to keep them seperated. Right now its my only option. I dont have a buck pen yet. Thanks.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I haven't used it on any senior bucks and frankly the angoras aren't particularly virile or smart so I'm not sure it would work on goats or sheep with more brains. People in Africa have good success with it though and there's a place that sells them now that claims good success.

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I dont know if i want to chance it. Lol. I dont want babies in the middle of summer. Guess we are just gonna have to build him another area. I let the girls and babies out during the day when im off work. He screams to high heavens and everyone stops and tells me hes hurt or something. Lol. And hes a nubian. They are vocal enough. This is times 10. Lol

cteague

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That might just work. I may get him one. Thanks for the website!

Latest posts