Cheap water-line

WannaBeHillBilly

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi friends, i like to run a water-line from the outlet at my garage to the patio and from there about 50 feet uphill to my new veggie-garden.
At the moment i am using a 200ft long garden hose
I thought about buying some garden hoses, bury those - shallow - under ground and connect them through some two-way or four-way manifolds. This does not need to be frost-safe, i only need the water supply for the growing season and i will drain everything way before the first frost.
Are there better cheaper ways to do that?

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Hi friends, i like to run a water-line from the outlet at my garage to the patio and from there about 50 feet uphill to my new veggie-garden.
At the moment i am using a 200ft long garden hose
I thought about buying some garden hoses, bury those - shallow - under ground and connect them through some two-way or four-way manifolds. This does not need to be frost-safe, i only need the water supply for the growing season and i will drain everything way before the first frost.
Are there better cheaper ways to do that?
If you can find it, use 3/4" black poly pipe. It will last much longer than garden hoses. It is made to be buried. They make insert adapters that allow you to put hose connections on the pipe.

3/4" poly pipe

Latest posts