Chicken picture contest!

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think a lot of the EE roos look like that. I love the color and he is the best rooster. Great with the hens and great with people.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rudy, a White Rock rooster, brooding 54 Cornish Cross meat chicks.....

LL

Toby, Partridge Rock rooster, and some of his gals....

LL

taylorm17

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:)Funny/sad story. The sad part. We had about 30 chickens and some mama opossums and raccoons had a 1 week strike against keeping chickens alive...you know how they are!!! They broke through our thick wooden coop, breaking open the door, they also opened a metal shed that we can barely open up...and it was tied too...and killed ALL of the chickens, but one. well some were still alive, but I don't want to get into detail, they all died except one. Her name was Henny...I know, a very cheesy name. She was an austrolorp hen. Solid black and kind of small...we also once had a rooster and he NOT small!!! and not nice!!!....... anyway, since she was lonely, she had to find a friend. She tried to sleep with our dogs, who live outside, but we wouldn't let her because they were nice to her during the day, but if she moved or something at night and they didn't know it was her...she would have died too because our dogs are big hunters!!! so, then she wasn't aloud to stay there at night, so we locked her in a dog kennel at night under our deck and she completely free ranged all day. She started to walk up to the porch and eventually kept trying to get into the house!!!!!!! :gig It was harder than trying to keep the cats out of the house. We all felt so bad for her!!! She was very sweet and would follow you like a dog!!! We did get some more chickens so she wouldn't be lonely, but only lived about another year, before another raccoon got her. Since she was so friendly and stuff it was very sad. We planted a nice Japanese maple where she is buried. I thought it was funny how she would follow us and try to get into the house and stuff. She lived about 4-5 years. I can't remember when we got her. I would post a picture, but I don't have one on my laptop so. I will try to find one to post though! ;)

Bucking Adoeable Fainters

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The chicken that started it all...Mommy Meep. 2yr old Silkie Hen.
The most beautiful girl in the whole world. Yes, I'm biased.

Attachments

• 20121231_103800_9.jpg
    20121231_103800_9.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 20121231_103813_2.jpg
    20121231_103813_2.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 20121231_103817_9.jpg
    20121231_103817_9.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 194

chicken pickin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I LOVE chickens :love They are my absolute favorite animals! I have so many chickens pictures I wouldn't even know where to begin to pick a few to post lol. Ill try to pic a few maybe tomorrow to add.

ps I love egg pics too. I have tons of those also. Im pretty sure I am overly obsession with my chickens:hide