Chickens among my goats

scarlettwatermelon

Herd lurker
Reaction score
I've recently become the new parent of 2 baby goats or kids. My make is 5 mths old and my female boer is 3 months old. I wasn't prepared for them they just kind of came to be. We have 6 acres, 2 goats, 7 dogs, 4 chickens( for the time being), 1 bunny, and a partridge in a pear tree. Is it ok for my goats to be in the chicken run as it's the safest place for them at the time,

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I. have my extra roosters in with the goats and everyone does fine. The roosters get up on the goats and ride around. You need to make sure the goats can not, repeat can not get into the chicken feed as they will eat it and bloat. I have a corner of each goat pen that is fenced off from the goats and has an opening only large enough for a rooster to squeeze in so the birds can eat. The goats won't bother the chickens and the chickens seem to be amused my the goats. Just watch the chicken feed. It won't hurt the chickens to eat goat feed.

Welcome to BYH! Glad you are posting. We love pictures, hint, hint. Oh, one last thing, when you get a chance would you put your general location on your personal info. Sometimes advise needs to be location specific as in what works real well in Texas may not work at all in Indiana, please and thank you.

Latest posts