Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
When ya do put them together they will have to workout the hierarchy in the herd and even after that they will butt heads....we had our 3 together from day 1 and they never stopped.....I would step in sometimes and squelch it and I'd tell em...I know ya have to work things out the "goat way", but ya can wait til I'm not around.... :gig ...it does take some getting use to, but they will continue to do so...I understand if there is serious confrontation going on, but ya may can put them together to workout the chain of command....most is just play and as the younger matures, if put together, the clashes may not be as harsh as when they do mature....:)....looks like your mom was very Welcomed by ALL....:thumbsup
Yes. I know they will have to work things out before things are settled. Although yesterday was better than expected. Still waiting for Levi to lose his sack and then I'll put them together more. I know Fancy will be the boss goat because she is Bossy with Ozzy too. I'm glad I had them out together yesterday it was easier than I thought it would be. :highfive:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I had the other two Does I tried getting them with Ozzy and Fancy but that wasn't good. I think my two goats sensed their fear and brutally attacked them. I'm glad yesterday wasn't anything like that. Pearl was safe. Fancy and Ozzy never bothered with her at all. :weee
I'm disappointed this year that my Cherry and Apple tree are not doing great. I'm thinking they winter killed a bit because they they only have a few leaves. :idunno:thMy other Apple tree is doing as it should. 👍

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something happened to our gas line on Friday so I have been having to heat water on the stove to bath, do dishes etc. You don't realize how you appreciate the convenience until you lose it..It should be fixed tomorrow :fl Reminds me of when our well went and we had zero water. Had to use a big tank outside. The first week though we had to haul water ourselves till we decided on what company we were going to use to put in a new well. That wasn't a fun time.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having to catch rainwater to use before, I understand water issues and it can certainly "jump" to the top of the priority list....when bad storms are headed our way we catch water in jugs, pans, and 5gal drinking coolers....also fill the tub for flushing water.....but, that only works when ya have a "heads up"....things can happen in a flash and it certainly is no fun....hope ya get the tank replaced or fixed soon....heating on a stove isn't fun at all....:hugs:fl

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having to catch rainwater to use before, I understand water issues and it can certainly "jump" to the top of the priority list....when bad storms are headed our way we catch water in jugs, pans, and 5gal drinking coolers....also fill the tub for flushing water.....but, that only works when ya have a "heads up"....things can happen in a flash and it certainly is no fun....hope ya get the tank replaced or fixed soon....heating on a stove isn't fun at all....:hugs:fl
When our well went it was spring with snow still on the ground. :barnie
I have a rain barrel that I water my plants and goats from. 👍
It's something to do with the natural gas line or something? Not here on my property though. Although the gas had to be shut off and should be fixed Tomorrow morning they think? At first I thought we didn't pay our gas bill...:ep:lol:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh....here..the power is very important this time of year....had a realfeel temp of 102 yesterday and spose to be in that range for many days now....gotta have the AC....and Joyce goes "stir crazy" without the tv on in tbe background....as far as she is concerned...."silence" is not golden.... :gig :lol:...the sounds of ciacadas, crickets, and croaking frogs really disturbs her.....:)

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh....here..the power is very important this time of year....had a realfeel temp of 102 yesterday and spose to be in that range for many days now....gotta have the AC....and Joyce goes "stir crazy" without the tv on in tbe background....as far as she is concerned...."silence" is not golden.... :gig :lol:...the sounds of ciacadas, crickets, and croaking frogs really disturbs her.....:)
I bet power is very important. I can't imagine living in that heat and humidity. I like watching TV myself but during the day and some evenings I love the sounds of nature. All the birds singing, frogs croaking and the fire pit crackling. I just can't stand the buzzing of mosquitoes in my ear! :rant:tongue

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Silence can be over rated lol. I don't get much of it and have no clue how to deal with it. Of course my animals are noisy and talk non stop they are as bad as the kids when they see me. Lol but the few times its been absolutely quite. I have to have a radio. The outside noise is pretty but when your use to it be loud it can be refreshing but only for so long.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Silence can be over rated lol. I don't get much of it and have no clue how to deal with it. Of course my animals are noisy and talk non stop they are as bad as the kids when they see me. Lol but the few times its been absolutely quite. I have to have a radio. The outside noise is pretty but when your use to it be loud it can be refreshing but only for so long.
I can honestly say I don't miss the nonstop Quacks from my Call duck hens. I do miss the morning crow from my Rooster. I understand you.. some days the silence is depressing. I am a homebody so I get cabin fever sometimes. Yesterday my husband took me for ice cream and a long drive. I really enjoyed yesterday.❤️:hugs
Sometimes I just need the silence..😀