Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like the lighter color! Did you bleach it? Seems like there wouldn't be that much color change if it were just dirt.

I HATE BURS!!!!!
What? I painted the brass, black. I did nothing to the bricks. I washed the bricks with hot sudsy water before I painted the front black.
The colour change is just the picture. And you would be amazed though how black the water was after washing the bricks. The old guy was burning coal in the fireplace and the wood stove that's in the basement. Everything has a film of black on it. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ™„
Yes the burs are awful here each year. Terrible things..๐Ÿ˜•

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so happy to finally say we are finished painting the back entrance and the kitchen :woot
Tomorrow we are going to town and picking up what we need to start the main bathroom..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
I hope to do the Den and office this Fall but I think honestly it will have to wait till spring. I must get the office room cleaned out and ready for puppies. Plus winter is just around the corner and I have lots to prepare before the snow starts flying..:tongue:th
Today I will get my Jeep loaded with all the stuff I am not keeping and drop it all off at Goodwill tomorrow..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‡
I found all my letters I needed at the Dollar store yesterday..๐Ÿ˜Š
I will get them painted and mounted to the fence this week. :yesss:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finn on the porch and Darla enjoying a ride..Lucy because she is so cute! โค๏ธ
9DA5265B-0755-44EB-A212-64E3D835FDD3.png
62A046BC-06DB-49C0-9B11-BB5D90E4D05C.jpeg
E96DBBC9-3ADE-44D8-BDD2-E385E5E6296C.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I'm painting the closet doors. I got white trim paint. I was shocked when I removed the door knobs and saw white paint..๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜
I don't think the doors have ever seen a coat of paint since the house was built. I'm spray painting the knobs white also. I honestly hate brass fixtures on anything..๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Picked up the bathroom paint. I love the blue I chose. I'm excited to get started on the bathroom..:weee
It's amazing how tame Levi has become after his shrivelled testicals fell off. He loves being loved upon and follows me around. He bunts baby Doat away from me..๐Ÿ™„ Pearl is determined and just climbs up on me..
Not much else going on here..Enjoy your day everyone..:highfive:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a few random pictures to share. I got the closet doors finished ๐Ÿ‘
My friends I got Fancy and Ozzy from had Triplets the other day. They might need me to bottle feed the middle Doeling and then I will have 5 goats..๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ™„..I hope I donโ€™t have to help..:idunno
I bought a cute little Jade plant yesterday. I want a few more plants too. I used to have house plants but havenโ€™t in years.
Not sure what is planned for today? All I know is I have enough around here to do that will keep me out of trouble ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค 
0A02A480-B620-42DB-A955-8FBBB7B7FCB9.jpeg
AB08250C-E615-41EE-9753-19DEC6382AEE.jpeg
AEE3D690-67B3-44E4-8826-9109E517083A.jpeg
A0FC1660-BC63-4F09-AD33-B2D2E40F3395.jpeg
2534B9A5-540A-443A-ACA0-9EE5DD7763B4.png

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
How do I explain this so you California dwellers understand?
It's 15C here this morning although it feels much colder. 15C mid summer isn't cold. I think I might have to lay down some straw in the goat houses soon because I'm sure my goats are feeling the cold.
Being this Far North it's a quick change from summer to Fall. The sun is lower and the days are getting shorter. By 9:00pm it's getting dark here.
I find it so interesting to read journals and read about planting cooler weather gardens. ๐Ÿ˜Š All I could plant are popsicles and ice cubes. ๐Ÿ˜œ
The one thing I enjoy about winter is watching the Northern lights dancing in the sky on a clear night. It's pretty here but even better the further North a person goes.โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ