Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Possibly hip replacements in both? Although his spine is crooked and has more vertebrae than normal. Roach backed. The glucosamine is helping him a little since I started him on it again. The surgery would be extremely difficult and expensive. He had X-rays at 5 months old when I had him neutered. He is here until his quality of life is gone. For now he is happy and still runs around. ❤🐶
Finn is lucky to have you. I understand about letting him be happy until he just isn't anymore. All you can do is the best you can do.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finn is lucky to have you. I understand about letting him be happy until he just isn't anymore. All you can do is the best you can do.
Yes..And we are lucky to have him. He is a very good boy. We can no longer get him to a Vet without sedation. He doesn't walk on a leash and absolutely no way of carrying him. My Vet comes here to vaccinate him and Wilson. They are due for shots in November so I will discuss him again with her if he doesn't need more help before then?

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got the main bathroom painted yesterday. I just need to get the cabinet and towel racks put up. I'll post a picture once everything is where it should go..👍🏼😊
Today I am doing all the trim and the door in my bathroom. First I need to put primer on and then paint. :tongue. That's a tedious process 😟
Yesterday I was taking a break and a loud crash hit the back screen door window. Scared the crap out of me! I went and looked and a Roughed Grouse Hen was laying on her back. I picked her up and she died in my hands. Broke her neck the poor little thing. 😟😕
I saw a little black dog down at the end of the driveway last night. I know it belongs to the people next door so went down to get the dog. It's old and the stupid little ****ter bit me!! 😳🙄
I left her down there after that..:barnieThey found her soon after that. 👍🏼😅

The weather is supposed to change and we are expected to get rain here all weekend. I find it funny how many people talk like this is the first year they have been here in our area and seem so surprised by the weather we have and the seasons. Good lord! We go through this every year and every year people act like they are new...:lol:
It's inevitable! It's Fall here in Alberta and Snow is right around the corner! Blah blah BLAH! 😳🤣😂

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
The dead Grouse. I put it up in the coop of my prefab. I guess I haven’t opened it up since I got rid of all my chickens. 😳😂
I hope you don’t think I was trying to feed a dead bird? :gig
B3FA3C60-9255-4270-9C67-89E67F5B663A.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't have grouse here, do people hunt them? It is dove season now, durned if I know why, there can't be much meat on those little things. Although I once raised quail and we ate them. Wasn't much on them either, but they sure were good.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't have grouse here, do people hunt them? It is dove season now, durned if I know why, there can't be much meat on those little things. Although I once raised quail and we ate them. Wasn't much on them either, but they sure were good.
Yes people hunt them. Only take the breast meat usually. Doves are around here but not as common as the Pigeons though. I haven't eaten any of those birds.