Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does she play ball with pine cones? Wren does that, actually anything remotely spherical will get dropped on your foot.
Yes. Pine cones, rocks and occasional sticks. We were playing with the ball that day though. The pine cone was just there.
152913CD-B2EB-4F55-8F29-CA873490D423.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had all the little dogs outside to do their business. They were very quick and back inside. Big dogs were just let out and they were not fooling around out there either. 👍🏼
Temperature holding still at -38C.. :barnie
I'm waiting for the first signs of daylight and will go out to check on my goats and Kupid. I'll toss Kupid another bale this morning. I have been keeping him in constant hay during this cold. I noticed he is walking on iced up hooves from standing around in this cold. Hopefully I don't have to help him today if this deep freeze. :fl
I gave the goats straw in the shed so hopefully they bedded down in the straw. I have two heat lamps also. I understand the fire risks but also understand frostbite and how miserable it is being cold. ❤️🐐🐐🐐. My lamps are hung and safely fastened 3 different ways to prevent them from falling. 👍🏼😅
Also my cat hasn't left her heated house or the garage in days. Only comes out of her house when I feed her. ❤️😺

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's cooooold!!! Hope it warms up soon! We are supposed to get down to1F on Thursday, but that is way warmer than your -38C, which in F is about -36.
Yes..it's just awful in this cold. :thThe sun is shining and does have a little bit of heat to it so Kupid will get the sun shining on him when he stand in the back of the barn that faces south. ❤️🐴
Winter is awful if you live anywhere it gets below-20C. :barnie