Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are my babies all happy in the coop/goats house!
Need to clean and remove the chickens roosts and nest boxes. Although good enough till the rain stops. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜„
I will definitely sleep better knowing that they are completely dry and warm tonight. :hugs
C506CAD6-C844-4CEB-B5D8-D12DC908E66C.jpeg
A82409A1-1420-492E-93D2-8357B764CD65.jpeg
77372634-34DE-4DB2-B113-A4E0DABBA2B0.jpeg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to have ya in the "Herd"!!...... :frow
I've seen ya on BYC many times, but pretty much stay over here now. We had to move and only have a dog and cat now.....miss the goats and ducks....:)....your animals all look Fantastic!!....:thumbsup....our goats were pygmy/boer crosses....I bet the myotonics are a entertaining....๐Ÿคฃ

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've seen ya on BYC many times, but pretty much stay over here now. We had to move and only have a dog and cat now.....miss the goats and ducks....:)....your animals all look Fantastic!!....:thumbsup....our goats were pygmy/boer crosses....I bet the myotonics are a entertaining....๐Ÿคฃ
Thanks so much. I never witnessed a goat faint in real life till Fancy got the shot of injectable ivermectin and WOW she fainted !!! Took a few minutes to get up again too. Vet had let her young intern do her so caused a bleed also. ๐Ÿ˜•
My Farrier and I did the vaccines together and zero issues. Ozzy doesn't faint. Not yet anyways..๐Ÿค 

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shoot!!....I'd put some boards up the roost supports and make them some laying shelves....they will enjoy playing on them and gives them options to find comfortable spacing....the goats use to sit on top of the nest boxes in the coop I changed over to a goat house....:)
Okay I'll actually see what we can do to fun it up goat style! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you think you will ever get goats again?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately I doubt very seriously that we would at this point....we are on an acre lot just outside city limits and we no longer have the health to take care of any every day....we sure did enjoy them while we had them....and certainly would get some if in a different situation with better health.... :)

JimLad

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello, My name is Shannon and I don't know where to begin?
I am from central Alberta, Canada.
I'm married and have two Sons. They are adults and 30 and 25 this year. I have been with my husband since he was 19 and I was 15 years old.
Growing up I was always animal crazy. Didn't matter what type either. We had Arabian horses, Goats, chickens and a few cattle growing up. During the recession in the early 80s we moved back to town and sold all the animals. My family originated from Birch Hills Saskatchewan and Hagen. I spent summers at my Granny's where my Uncle had beef cattle, pigs and chickens. I was in heaven there.

Getting now into my adventure..๐Ÿ‘
We bought our Acerage 6 years ago. I had horses out at my Moms boyfriends place for 4 years before we decided to jump into living on an Acerage. Free board but I did all the daily feeding and horse care. Emil got Parkinson's and we decided to buy our own place in the country. Sadly he passed away last spring. I have an Arabian gelding named Kupid. He was very green and full of himself at 7 years old. I retrained him myself with many, many miles under saddle. He is now 19 and my very best friend. We have a connection that is special. I don't ride much anymore but when I do he still responds to all my cues. He's a Prince. โค

I bred Dogs for about 10 years. Pugs I started with. Clowns of the dog world. I love dogs and have 5 right now. A Border Collie/Aussie, Maremma , Golden Retriver/ Aussie, Yorkshire Terrier and a Poodle. Three are trained with livestock. Awesome dogs.

I have been on BYC for a few years. I used to have Ducks and chickens. Sold them all. Not interested in them anymore. Too much effort without any recognition from the birds. Actually stressed me out.

Now the Goats...โค๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
I got my first two kids in the fall of 2019. Ozzy and Fancy. He was 9 weeks old and her 5 months. Ozzy is a wether and ND/Fainting goat and Fancy a pure fainting goat. I absolutely fell in love with them. So silly and always love me.
Fancy was very skittish and shy. She then became too attached to me and couldn't confine her in the pen. She could escape anything.
Ozzy then began to act way too Bucky and it was a real issue. I finally found a guy that eased my worries and told me by the time he turns 8 months he will settle down. Almost like clockwork Ozzy isn't Bucky anymore.
I just bought myself a pure ND Buckling. He is 5 months old. Black and white with Ice blue eyes. What a sweet little goat he is. I then just bought a Pigmy cross Doeling too. She is only 8 weeks old and so adorable.
I definitely learning as I go with the goats. They can be a handful sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค 
I just had the Vet out last week and got full exams and ivermectin injections done. Poor Fancy fainted and honestly I almost did too! She really is a Fainting goat. Yesterday we vaccinated the goats but Fancy never fainted. I think she was calmer though yesterday. Plus she likes my farrier that comes to help me with goats too.

Well that's my story so far and thanks for reading..๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_111031474_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200310_111031474_HDR.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 144