Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's raining today and supposed to be raining till Monday. :barnie
My goats will not be happy locked in their nighttime pens. No point In trying to put them outside either. My goats cry if they get a few raindrops on them. I don't like rainy days. I'd much rather be outside doing something fun. All I'll be doing is housework :sick
My big dogs will not be happy with the rain either. We have a walkout basement and my big dogs have an area where Bindi and Wilson crates are set up. Finn sleeps on the floor down there. I lock my big dogs up at night and when we are not home.
We have a huge old Mountain Ash tree in the front yard. Every spring when it blooms the Honey Bees come in the hundreds. So docile and interesting to watch them working. We have a flowerbed with perennials and used to have a big old tree that was dying so chopped it down. Well the stump produced healthy shoots and a Bird poop planted another Mountain Ash there too. I hope it continues to grow. :fl

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here is a funny story about my animal craziness as a child.
I had a little Black Dog named Toby. He was a Pomeranian/Poodle and the smartest little dog. My best pal. Got him when I was 6 years old. He loved playing dress up, road around in my stroller. He had his own sled to ride in the winter and loved zipping down the hill all by himself. He killed gophers and mice.
We had a farmers field across from us with a nice sized pond. That where I spent my days playing and catching frogs. Toby was always with me.
I got the bright idea to send Toby into the pond to chase the Momma Duck and babies onto the shore so I could catch a duckling and bring it home.
Everything was going as planned till the Momma Duck attacked me! :lol:
She was a Mallard Hen and relentless in her attacks. She knocked me down and was hitting me with her wings and biting my neck and shoulders. Toby attacked her and chased her off. I knew my Mom was going to be so mad at me because Toby once again was filthy dirty.
I went home beat up by a Duck with a dirty Dog and no duckling. :gig
I wore turtle necks for a week because I didn't want Mom to ask any questions. I got in Heck about the dirty dog. I never told my Mom that story till I was in my twenties and she she gave me crap anyways..:lol:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's pouring rain here this morning. I hope it stops for a couple of hours at least. Yesterday I was able to get the goats outside of the nighttime pens. Ozzy I swear has ADHD the poor guy absolutely hates being confined and very busy. He played in the goat yard but definitely loves being out grazing on my lawn. Levi and Pearl love being out although I have to give them hay when out because the silly kids prefer hay over eating fresh grass. If by chance Levi starts eating grass Pearl is right there trying to figure out what Levi is eating. He then bunts her away.
I have to spray my poor horses once this rain stops. The Mosquitos are thick here now. You wait all winter for summer and then you don't enjoy it with all the bugs that drive you NUTS!
My Sons little Poodle had an episode on Thursday so he took her to the Vet yesterday. Vet did blood work plus her vaccinations. Vet suggested possible epilepsy. I'll be honest and think she ate a some silly smoke? My Sons both smoke it. I'm thinking Darla was high and not epilepsy. :thI look forward to what the blood work shows. Poor little girl. :hugs
I have to clean out the goat houses once the rain stops. I also need to come up with a better way of feeding hay because the goats waste more than they eat .

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
In my backyard where my fire pit and gatherings are held was a fishpond. I ripped that apart and need dirt to fill it. Around the pond are perennials. Lily, fiddlehead ferns and a big Daylily. Every year I tell my husband to not use the weed wacker in certain areas because of the Lily's!!! Every time he doesn't listen and chops off my Lily's. :barnie

Latest posts