Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
We Southerners don't know how you Northerners put up with the cold of winter, so I guess it all evens out.
Understandable!
January 14, 2020 :ep:th
My sons dog all dressed up for a pee outside :gig
44111431-1190-4EDE-8D06-7DFFFE604B80.jpeg
94202C38-F054-4380-83B9-58E15146E08D.jpeg

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pearl is 12 weeks old now. My Son is home tomorrow so I'll get him to hold her so I can vaccinate her. Hard to believe I've already had her a month. :hugs
Her and Levi sure love eating grass finally. I don't leave them out for too long though incase it upsets their stomachs.
Still nothing happening to the goat pen. My Son said he will but in the posts tomorrow for me. :idunno I am getting a bit frustrated about it now. I sure wish I was able to do all this myself.:barnie
I remembered to get myself mosquito spray that has no deet in it. I can't use the stuff with deet. Today I will cut out all the suckers from around the lilac trees in front of the goat Coop 😀. Finally I can do all the weeding and won't get eaten alive by mosquitos..:weee

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Let Wilson and the other two big dogs out after their breakfast nap. Bindi was trying to get Wilson to leave again. :barnie He almost went with her too! There I was running in my flip flops yelling at Wilson. 😳😁😜
Bugger will need his bad boy leash to go in and out of the basement again..:tongue:old:gig

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I planted a native shrub I dug up and transplanted in front of what used to be my Ducks pen. Now is the goats pen. Ozzy and Fancy have munched it pretty good. I chase them off it but quickly they run over, grab a mouthful and tear off again. Goats are smart because they actually look at me and then grab and run. :gig
I got the lilac cleaned up yesterday and a bunch of weeding. :weeeThe gods are against me today as far as getting the goat pen started. Supposed to be raining here until Sunday:ep:barnie:th
I'll look on the bright side though. The ground should be softer for digging post holes! :yesss:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Sons Poodle is Hilarious. He baths her, sleeps with her and babies her. She is a very sweet little girl with a wild streak though. When I let her outside with me and Lucy during the day I let her be a dog. She eats goat berries, grass, rolls in poop and her favourite thing to do is dig holes in sand and roll in it. I laugh as she gets all dirty and tears around the yard.
My Son will get mad at me and her for letting her be a dog. :\
I definitely don't treat any dogs as Foo-Foo and don't baby them either. All dogs want and need is to act like a dog. He is 25 and if he wants her clean all the time he should move to the city. 🤣👍🤠
She also loves walking through deep puddles and carrying rocks. She picks up rocks and brings them to me. Lucy showed her that trick. Almost everyday Lucy puts a Rock in the middle of my bed. :idunno :gig

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can bring a city Boy to the country but you can't take the city out of them! My Son is too busy to fence today. My Husband is off work and suddenly has other more important things to do! :somad:rant:he
I'm going to ask my young Farrier if he will put in the posts? I'd rather pay him than kill my husband and Son off! :lol:
Rain is delayed till tomorrow. 👍🤠
I have also went on strike from cooking and cleaning! 👍🤠😂😜

Last edited:

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone..
My fence got started yesterday evening. 🤠👍 I had to get mad as usual although I am glad it's getting started. :rant :old
Today my husband says he should have most of it finished and will work on it even in the rain because he can't take my complaining another day :old..My strike was short lived so I'm back to having to cook and clean:lol:.
A Robin has built a nest in a tree along the stairs that lead down to the walkout basement and fire pit area. Now I'm concerned because I know once the babies leave the nest my Cat will be killing the babies off. Or One of the dogs will if the babies remain on the ground too long. :th
Years ago Wilson brought me a baby chipping sparrow for me to fix. He kept pushing it with his nose trying to get its peeper to work. I wasn't impressed at all. :\
I had another crappy sleep with a mosquito in my room. I look like a dot to dot this morning. I don't understand why 3 adult Men have to stand with the screen door wide open talking before they go outside? I'm constantly telling them to close the door because they are letting in the Mosquitos!!!
I have a bad reaction to mosquito bites. I swell up with big welts. :hit
Last summer we went to a friends weiner roast and holy smokes my face swelled up around my forehead and nose! I had to stay home for about 5 days before the swelling was gone. :barnieI don't spend too much time outside during the peak times the mosquito are thick.
Yesterday my son comes home and the dogs always run along side of the vehicle as you come up the driveway. He knows better than to slow down or stop because they will not get out of the way or will cross in front of the vehicle. He clipped Bindi and I almost fainted! Thank god she didn't get hurt. ❤️🐶
I don't understand why he slowed down to a walk when he knows what could happen. Of course he blames Bindi and and I blame him..:D =D:gig

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm excited to have all the posts in the ground today.. :woot
my husband has plans to redo the front of the big goat yard with the same post and rails plus wire top design. The one that is up was slapped together quickly so my goats could be outside during the day. My oldest Son is going to build the gate for me if my husband doesn't get to persnickety about it. :old Watching him work on something is painful because everything has to be perfect and straight. He moved a post because it was off by 1inch so redug the hole over.:lol:
I must say everything looks great so far. :clap
I'm not sure if he will be doing the rails today because I'm scared to ask him incase he blasts me! 😳😬

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
A mouse in the goat Coop. :barnie
My Coop is built like Fort Knox so mice generally can't get in unless the big doors are left open during the day. Plus when I had chickens in the Coop they devoured the trapped little beasts.
This morning between the screen door and the main door was a mouse and holy smokes he jumped close to my foot and took off like a bat out of hell. I'll put a mouse trap outside or hope Alley catches Mr. Jingles soon. :fl

Latest posts