Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I'm going to town to buy ceiling paint and wall paint for my house. :yesss:
Hopefully the Farmer in the Dell will get my pallet feeders done so my goats aren't wasting the hay I just bought..:tongue
I think I decided to breed Bindi or try to breed Bindi to the Bernese. He is closer to my house and won't cost me as much money. Bindi is a untried girl and so is the male. She will be 5 in October so this is a one time chance to see if she takes? Plus the male is the owner of the shop my Husband works out ofs dog. He said free service but I don't expect it free. Here I have seen this cross sell for $2000 so I hope it works. :fl:pop
I cleaned her up last night. Tidied up her feet and trimmed off a few mats. Brushed out her hair and trimmed around her private part. 😊
She is ready for meeting her potential mate. πŸ‘
I hope she doesn't get aggresive towards the male. I don't know what she actually will behave like? When she was young and in heat she brought home a male Pitbull and I was so worried that he bred her! 😳
Thankfully he didn't. ❀ I'm glad she only brings home toys and dog bones now..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's a funny story from yesterday..πŸ˜πŸ‘
I told my Son that if it looked like it was going to storm before we got back from driving Hemi home to put Fancy and Ozzy back into their pen. Well it was close to storming and he had to work soon so he went out as I asked and got a container of feed to coax them into the pen from the goat yard. Sounds simple enough right? πŸ˜‚ He opened the gate and shook the bowl while slowly walking backwards and of course the goats mobbed him for the bowl so it fell and spilled on the ground so he grabbed Fancy by the horn and tried dragging her to the pen. She fought him and he fell to the ground getting grass stains on his nice cloths and jacket. :ep:gig
He managed to get her locked up. Then he had to get Ozzy in and he didn't want to leave the spilled grain so he put on the brakes and wouldn't budge. My Son had to half carry half drag him to the pen gate and push him in. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜πŸ˜‚
I honestly don't know why everyone has such a hard time with my goats? :idunno:lol:
At least Levi and Pearl followed him right into the house and he didn't have to wrestle them..πŸ‘β€πŸπŸπŸπŸ
We got home right before he left for work. He was 10 minutes late but had everyone laughing so it was okay! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

Last edited:

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a bug problem and it is definitely a bad biting thing! :barnie Can’t see the bugs. Goats were treated with ivermectin as a recommended by Vet. Not actually fleas I don’t think? Jiggers/sand fleas or No Seeums?
Anyways I have sandy soil and pine trees. Something is biting my goats. They buck, stomp and run from the bugs.
I was told you can’t use Deet on goats? I can get Bronco bug spray though.
So they have lice, what I do is clean out barn, spray with Apple cider vinegar, soap, and water. Then for the goats i brush, wash, and spray with 50%Apple cider vinegar and 50%Water in a spray bottle, next I powder then with DE (Diatimatious Earth) and I do spray and powder every week! So yes, hope this helps!

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here's a funny story from yesterday..πŸ˜πŸ‘
I told my Son that if it looked like it was going to storm before we got back from driving Hemi home to put Fancy and Ozzy back into their pen. Well it was close to storming and he had to work soon so he went out as I asked and got a container of feed to coax them into the pen from the goat yard. Sounds simple enough right? πŸ˜‚ He opened the gate and shook the bowl while slowly walking backwards and of course the goats mobbed him for the bowl so it fell and spilled on the ground so he grabbed Fancy by the horn and tried dragging her to the pen. She fought him and he fell to the ground getting grass stains on his nice cloths and jacket. :ep:gig
He managed to get her locked up. Then he had to get Ozzy in and he didn't want to leave the spilled grain so he put on the brakes and wouldn't budge. My Son had to half carry half drag him to the pen gate and push him in. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜πŸ˜‚
I honestly don't know why everyone has such a hard time with my goats? :idunno:lol:
At least Levi and Pearl followed him right into the house and he didn't have to wrestle them..πŸ‘β€πŸπŸπŸπŸ
We got home right before he left for work. He was 10 minutes late but had everyone laughing so it was okay! πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
haha! Sounds like when I put my goats away(totally easy and simple for me) but then when I go on a trip and I need someone like a family memeber to put the goats away, it normally takes me 10 mintues, and for them like 30 mintues! I'm like what!!! It's so simple!!!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
haha! Sounds like when I put my goats away(totally easy and simple for me) but then when I go on a trip and I need someone like a family memeber to put the goats away, it normally takes me 10 mintues, and for them like 30 mintues! I'm like what!!! It's so simple!!!
Yep..Our goats are angels for us but horrible for others..πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
So they have lice, what I do is clean out barn, spray with Apple cider vinegar, soap, and water. Then for the goats i brush, wash, and spray with 50%Apple cider vinegar and 50%Water in a spray bottle, next I powder then with DE (Diatimatious Earth) and I do spray and powder every week! So yes, hope this helps!
No my goats did not have lice. Chiggers were biting them. Bronco spray helped.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here I have seen this cross sell for $2000 so I hope it works.
Dare I stick my neck out and say:
Some people are stupid.

??

Are we talking registered Golden and Poodle from show winning lines? Proven pups from the cross of these 2 dogs? If not, to my mind, they are mutts.
:hide

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dare I stick my neck out and say:
Some people are stupid.

??

Are we talking registered Golden and Poodle from show winning lines? Proven pups from the cross of these 2 dogs? If not, to my mind, they are mutts.
:hide
Exactly they are mutts once crossed. And yes people are crazy and pay high prices for them.
Not from pure registered dogs. The Bernese is not registered. I agree fully.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Exactly they are mutts once crossed. And yes people are crazy and pay high prices for them.
Not from pure registered dogs. The Bernese is not registered. I agree fully.
They are not mutts...they are "designer dogs".....that's why they are getting the big bucks , you just have to look really hard for the designer label on them :highfive: