Chickens really- My adventure into Goats

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve made a big decision about my horses. I’m selling Teddy so I can have my round pen back and will begin to work with Kupid once he is gone. Teddy isn’t a good fit here. I can’t catch him or move him from pen to pen when needed. A lady is coming here tomorrow morning to see Teddy. She has a Shetland pony that needs a friend. I will have to get another friend for Kupid in the spring.
I’m going to the dentist today. 🙄😳
I’ll be one step closer to being a Shan O lantern now..:th😬

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
There we go. I’m a bit caught up now and shall follow along (until my next hiatus).

Your goats, puppies, and horse are so beautiful 😍 I second @thistlebloom ’s suggestion on a goat companion. As long as Kupid isn’t goat aggressive, it should work. I had my ND goat and my horse together (back when I had horses and goats) and they got along beautifully.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Animals can make friends cross species. When my Great Pyrenees Trip was a puppy, his pen was up against the horse pasture. I would see Joe, my pure white cremello gelding, standing next to Trip's pen. They were friends. The big white horse befriended the fuzzy white puppy.

Here is a link. They were best friends. Joe is gone now, since August 2020. I haven't dealt with it well at all. Maybe some day I can tell his story. I can't think about Joe without tearing up. Gotta go.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Animals can make friends cross species. When my Great Pyrenees Trip was a puppy, his pen was up against the horse pasture. I would see Joe, my pure white cremello gelding, standing next to Trip's pen. They were friends. The big white horse befriended the fuzzy white puppy.

Here is a link. They were best friends. Joe is gone now, since August 2020. I haven't dealt with it well at all. Maybe some day I can tell his story. I can't think about Joe without tearing up. Gotta go.

I just read that story. My goodness ❤️👏🏼👍🏼..Thanks for sharing that with me. I love the pictures. I will see what I can do as far as a friend here for Kupid. I'll keep my eyes open. For now he can come and visit the goats.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kupid is doing amazing alone. He hasn't called out once for Teddy. His routine hasn't changed. I spent a bit of time with him yesterday thinking he was lonely? I brushed him out and fed him a carrot. We chatted and cuddled each other. ❤️🐴
Then I went and visited the goats and Kupid came and stood visiting the goats so I tossed him a flake of hay and an apple. He stood eating and watching the goats.
I think Kupid will be just fine alone until I find the perfect match for all of us. 👍🏼❤️🐴🤠