Choosing an LGD puppy

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Whoa! :ep Vulcan? Where/when did HE come into the picture? You been keeping secrets girl! :rant What a gorgeous looking boy! :clap How are Smith and Wesson doing?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love Vulcan, love that brindle color! What beautiful dogs!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Have I not posted anything about Vulcan???:hide Well, following the firearms protection theme, he was named after the Vulcan M61 gatling gun. :thumbsup He was the pup that I finally chose. There were two males I was considering, one was very active constantly and the other always seemed to be off by himself. When the "dumb" (<breeder's name) one would play, he always won then went off by himself. The other was always running around playing etc... I chose "dumby" aka Vulcan. All of my pictures have been moved to permanent storage at this point so I will have to pull them off to upload them here.

This past spring for us (read "me") was a nightmare. I was taking very difficult classes that are supposed to be taken individually with easier classes and I took them all together (Biochem, Organic chem, Repro, and Genetics). My vets said I was crazy, one month into the semester I was crazy with lack of sleep, then came kidding...:he:he:he:he:he:he throw finals in there with the spring ADGA show, Poultry Club Eggstravaganza, spring Round Up for Dairy Club, and the TN Master Small Ruminant Conference.... :caf (<me trying to study for finals):idunno(<Why am I trying to get into vet school??? OR Why do I have a farm WHILE trying to get into vet school with children???)
Oh yeah, did I mention I killed my adviser/genetics/swine management professor's rooster while rooster sitting for a month? :hide Go figure, the mean rooster survived and the nice rooster died and she is writing a recommendation letter for vet school. :gig

Today my last semester started. I graduate in December. Because my youngest son was expelled last spring (yeah, that happened) from his college prep school, I am homeschooling him while going to school and during breeding season.:barnie I probably shouldn't be posting right now as tired as I am. I sank the boat on Thursday, almost poisoned (actually poisoned but realized it and took care of it) Vulcan, Smith, and Wesson on Sunday, waterline broke Monday so no water until this morning, 4 goats getting cocci treatment, friends pigs got out last night and they are mean, got the call from animal control that Vulcan escaped today and they had him...

But, I still had Vulcan neutered yesterday (needed to be done), my son registered for homeschooling, and I made it to school on time so not too bad!

We keep talking about renaming our farm "Murphy's Favorite" (something along those lines), or posting warning sign saying "Murphy resides here, enter at your own risk".:lol::lol: Life is no fun without the bumps!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
What an um… adventure? Hoping things settle down soon and I hope the graduation goes well! So exciting!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
All I can say is: :ep:th:bow:hugs:ya I wish I were young again. :duc I need a nap just from reading that. Hope it all comes together and settles down for you soon.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
You make my crazy life look normal. WOW!!!! Good luck with the last semester.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel a little weird "liking" your post @dejavoodoo114 So much pain and misery! I don't guess your last semester classes will be a bit easier??

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Goat Whisperer @Latestarter :clap, life is interesting!
@babsbag :lol: You're saying that to me? I think your life is crazier than mine!
@Bruce, actually, my last semester should be easier. The classes involve a ton of hands on labs, or should I say, hands IN labs... I will be a certified in AI through Select Sires when I am finished with Advanced Repro which will be nice. I will be palpating approx. 400 cows this semester. :weeeThe class will be difficult but fun and fascinating. Same with Dairy Mngmt and Swine Mgnmt. The only boring class I have will be Microbiology but I doubt that will be a difficult class. Other than having to get up so early to milk and drive a few hours to the UT dairy for labs, I am looking forward to a much better semester!

Latest posts