Choosing an LGD puppy

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@NH homesteader, I missed your post earlier. I have fired quite a few Sig's and I know they are nice but never like the feel myself...(Maybe it is my woman's hands?) And every one of the 10+ different Glocks I have fired has ejected the cartridges straight at my forehead!!! I don't think I could ever name an LGD, or any dog, Glock. I am sure that is just my bad luck but really, I wouldn't want a dog named after a firearm that is always hitting me...:hide bad mojo... So that name is the only one on the permanent NO list. My husband likes Sig's so I am sure that name will be used in the future.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol! I love my Glock, I've never had that issue. Weird. But also no, you don't want your LGD taking you out in the process of defending you!

I have never shot a Sig actually, but saw yesterday that they won a huge military contract and they are a New Hampshire company so they must be doing something right. In my somewhat biased opinion!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
saw yesterday that they won a huge military contract and they are a New Hampshire company so they must be doing something right. In my somewhat biased opinion!

:lol::lol::lol: That is why my husband keeps pushing for Barrett. It is the TN state firearm. He said we should support our new state... :lol:

In other news... I figured out how to quote someone!!! It only took me 4 years...

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The Glock thing just seems like I would be tempting fate unnecessarily...

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I also had a Sako Finnbear 30.06 (gifted to son). I guess either of those except Finnbear was the model, not the manufacturer. Mauser is another old time manufacturer. Though not sure that would make such a good name... "Hey, Mauser... go kill that coyote!" :lol:

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, the pup was supposed to get here Thursday. However, the health cert revealed some troubling things. We are now considering other options. This is devastating because there are so many of these dogs without problems. I will keep you updated.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry... but better you find these things out now than later. Hope you find the perfect fit soon.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just want clones of the temperaments of the two good dogs I have. Speaking of... I have some pics of Kimber hanging out with the pig Moo Shoo and our non-LGD pyr Smith.

As a side note, Kimber had followed the pig out of the pasture the other day. It was sooo funny!:lol: The pig got near a cow who had gotten on to our property. Kimber didn't like that at all!!! She stayed back and barked ferociously at the cow. After a little while the pig got too close to the cow and the cow charged our pig. Kimber stopped hanging back and barking and charged at this big monstrous strange creature she had not yet seen!:clap As soon as the cow stopped going after the pig Kimber went back to a "safe" distance and continued to bark at the offender. :gig:gig:lol::lol: So funny to watch from my bathroom window with a toothbrush in my mouth completely forgetting what I was trying to do!

The following pics are not of her during the cow episode (which happened way too far away for pics). Just cute.
20170204_163424.jpg

20170204_163425.jpg

20170204_163430.jpg

20170204_163438.jpg

20170204_163441.jpg

Notice how Kimber gets up to investigate a disturbance and Smith does NOTHING...:he:he:he:he:he:he:he:he
20170204_163446.jpg

20170204_163448.jpg

20170204_163452.jpg

I had to call Kimber to get her to look back at me. Notice the lack of interest in coming for a pet. She saw something and was watching to see if she wanted to do something about. Not interested in coming to me and being put in the house for dinner so soon.
20170204_163500.jpg