chubbydog811 - Mountain View Farm's journal :) *12/10 update!

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
Tried to see your animals on your facebook page, but could not. Message said unavailable.

What type of music are you in to? :)
I'm into a little bit of everything, though I strongly dislike country and rap.
Mostly Folk type music (nickel creek, the Honey Trees, music along those lines), classical...I'm not super picky.
I also played alto and soprano Saxophone from 3rd grade to now. I've picked up guitar a few times, learning fiddle, tin whistle, some mandolin, and can pick up pretty much any instrument and and least play scales :) Unfortunately because of band, I need sheet music - I lack creativeness when it comes to playing :/ Working on that though!

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Finally have some time tonight to start with some photos!
Tonight I was needing to clean up the yard before the storm, so I'd say we're in pretty good shape :)

I'm going to warn you now - this post is extremely long!! Sorry about that - intros always take forever ;)

As my first official photo post, I would like to show you guys my animals.

First I'll start with the feathered critters.

The ducks - I currently have Rouens, Muscovys, and crosses of the two. I am thinking on getting some runner ducks next year.
It's looking like I have 2 males from my last hatch, so we will be having duck for dinner again within the next few months :drool I think there are around 20 ducks between the 2 flocks.

These were two lovely ducklings were from my second duck hatch of the year.
Sept12132011089.jpg

Mr. Drake. (Yes, I know you will say he is a she, but I can assure you, this IS my male! He molted)
Sept12132011097.jpg

Next up are the chickens. Currently I am raising White Leghorns, Milli Fluers, and Silver Laced Wyandottes. I think I have around 40 birds.
Here are the Millis.
037-1.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

Here are the horses:

Franklin - 08' Chincoteague Pony gelding.
5.jpg

Billy - 04' Quarter Horse gelding.
166690_1807562308591_1225928947_32135675_7164833_n.jpg

Charm - 09' Belgian colt. (Note - this guy is already pushing 18hh!!)
October2173.jpg

Dutch - Mutt gelding (roughly 4 years old). Came from Camelot auction. He came a complete nut job. He's finally progressed enough that we had our first "ride" last week!
016.jpg

Peanut - 08' Chincoteague Pony mare.
0023.jpg

And Cody - 02' Thoroughbred gelding (This is my main horse - we've do everything from trail riding, to gymkhanas, and will be showing jumpers and hunter/jumpers next year).
Cody15.jpg

Cody11.jpg

Cody1.jpg

And finally the goats!
Starting with the registered Saanens and precious (should be registered, but I can't get a hold of her breeder). I also have 2 more registered doe coming in as soon as I can borrow someones truck/my truck gets fixed to go pick them up!

Jess
Sept22011105.jpg

Victoria
Victoria.jpg

Precious
Sept22011117.jpg

The mutts:
Bess - Saanen/Alpine
Sept22011122.jpg

Pearl - Saanen/Nubian/Lamancha - This is from this past spring. I need to get a newer one.
011.jpg

The Boer girls:
Pumpkin (aka little loud mouth)
Sept12132011013.jpg

Pug
Sept12132011003.jpg

The bucks:
Sam - Lamancha/Nubian
021.jpg

And Zach - Registered Saanen. This was last year after I bought him. He has actually grown up quite a bit since this was taken.
057.jpg

I think I got everyone! :th

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
chubbydog811 said:
Ms. Research said:
Tried to see your animals on your facebook page, but could not. Message said unavailable.

What type of music are you in to? :)
I'm into a little bit of everything, though I strongly dislike country and rap.
Mostly Folk type music (nickel creek, the Honey Trees, music along those lines), classical...I'm not super picky.
I also played alto and soprano Saxophone from 3rd grade to now. I've picked up guitar a few times, learning fiddle, tin whistle, some mandolin, and can pick up pretty much any instrument and and least play scales :) Unfortunately because of band, I need sheet music - I lack creativeness when it comes to playing :/ Working on that though!
I have to totally agree with you on the rap. Or as DH calls it Crap.

Listen to the Beatles, and separately love John Lennon, George Harrison (with his stint with the Traveling Willberrys) and Ringo. Billy Joel and Elton John because they are Piano Men. Also DH introduced me to Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues. More like an orchestra.

Keep up the work. Sounds like you really have a natural talent for music. I wouldn't call it "lack of creativity". I would call say you need a "slight tweak in structure". That's all. It will come. Once you get the hang of reading the notes, it will all flow. Wishing you success. :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome animals. Now that I've seen their faces, I'll be able to follow their antics in your journal.

Wishing You and Codey luck in Jumping next year. :)

MrsDieselEngineer

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
Everyone is looking great! You need updated pictures of the Boers ;) My little girl is around 35 lbs now, your two must be very close in size. So glad Pumpkin quit screaming!

redtailgal

Reaction score
Pumpkin made my heart flip.

Thats a dangerous photo, you should put up a warning.

Sigh. I need more goat babies now.

Thanks for sharing your pics, even if you shattered my resolve to NOT bring home any more goats before spring. Gotta go break the news to hubby.

Is Pumpkin for sale? Can I have him? He is awful cute! Just bring him on over....lol

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
MrsDieselEngineer said:
Everyone is looking great! You need updated pictures of the Boers ;) My little girl is around 35 lbs now, your two must be very close in size. So glad Pumpkin quit screaming!
lol I really do!! They are getting rather large! She hasn't completely quit, but it is noticeably quieter!!

redtailgal said:
Pumpkin made my heart flip.

Thats a dangerous photo, you should put up a warning.

Sigh. I need more goat babies now.

Thanks for sharing your pics, even if you shattered my resolve to NOT bring home any more goats before spring. Gotta go break the news to hubby.

Is Pumpkin for sale? Can I have him? He is awful cute! Just bring him on over....lol
:lol: Soft spot for Boers eh? SHE is an absolute doll. I was looking through the kid photos from this past spring...It made me realize I need more goaty kids NOW!! :lol: If Pumpkin starts up with her "I'm dying" yelling, she might be for sale!! But no, I think she can stay for now ;)

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Happy Thanksgiving Chubbydog811

This past weekend was very busy - on and off the farm.
Thanksgiving was crazy - Started off going to my boyfriend's family's lunch, heading over to my family for pie, then headed back to his apartment and hung out the rest of the evening. Friday we went "black friday" shopping at the feed stores :) Paid about $30 for 5 bags of goat grain...It should have been closer to $50.
Saturday we worked on the buck shed. We almost have it finished - just need to put the door on, and make a "wall" above the door so that they will be warm this winter, nail on the last of the battens (sp?), and add/pack more dirt for the floor.
I'm still working on getting around 2 picking up my 2 new does. I can't do this until either my friend has a day off, or my truck gets fixed.
I'm also working out some details for picking up a few sheep! We will see where that goes.

Sunday 2 friends and I loaded up our horses with intentions of going on an organized trail ride down in MA. Unfortunately the bridge that led to it was closed, and we had no idea how to get around that (out of state, nothing we know!). They had a detour...that ended us up right back where we started :rolleyes: So instead, we headed on down to Hampton Beach.
It was VERY foggy, but we had a ton of fun. This was Cody's first trip, so I was incredibly happy with how well behaved he was. This was also the first off the farm ride that he has done without the chain on his kimberwick bit. He gets over excited (racehorse, go figure) so the chain just gives that little extra control so I don't have to hang on his mouth to keep him from running - but he was perfect without it!

cody.jpg

cody1.jpg

In other news- I am going for a job interview at a farm the next town over this Friday! :weee I has really flexible hours, and would be a really good place to get some extra money. :fl:fl that it goes well! I lost my last barn job at the end of the summer (not because of something I did...she moved), so some extra money coming in again would be awesome :D

Still waiting on a good weather day to catch up on photos again.

Have a good night everyone! :bun

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Giving a quick update before I have to run over to class-
No progress on the buck shed. I haven't been feeling my greatest for the past week (remind me not to eat brownies, cupcakes, other delicious sweet stuff that women can't help but devour) I rarely have anything sugary, then I ate a cupcake, then a brownie, and it all went down hill from there :/ My stomach has not been happy with me this week.

It's looking like all 4 of my does really are bred. We are just about past the next heat date for the last doe I had covered.
Unfortunately, it is a no go for the 2 does I was supposed to be bringing home. I've been working on finding a truck to borrow, finally had one lined up and asked when I could come out...lady said she sold them already - without asking if I still wanted them :he :barnie Oh well. More room for sheep!

I'm working on finding at least 1 ewe right now to keep my lonely dairy doe company (she got tetanus a few months ago, but reintroducing into the herd isn't going so well for her.) I have a few leads, so we will see where it gets me!
I'm thinking on some shetland and shetland X sheep for Precious, and have decided on Jacob sheep for the spring.

Last on the list of updates -
the little Boer doe, Pumpkin, is having issues. I'm thinking cocci. She's been very weak recently. Still eating, pooping normal ect. Just depressed looking. It's always something right??

Also forgot to add - I had my 3rd ride on Dutch this week! He is learning so fast, it's amazing! On the lunge, we did walk, trot and ho with little issue. Under saddle we worked on walking without needing to be tapped with the whip, ho without picking up his head, turning easily, and even did some really nice trotting! I'm so proud of my little boy :) Huge difference from when we first got him! I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to train him under saddle.

Latest posts