cleaner for cages??

milehigh777

Just born
Reaction score
what other than water can you use on cleaning there cages, soap, any speacial chemicals?? please help!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
milehigh777 said:
what other than water can you use on cleaning there cages, soap, any speacial chemicals?? please help!
Diluted Bleach. One part to 5. Best sterilization around. :)

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You can use a vinegar and water solution or bleach . I also use an all purpose cleaner :)

crazyturkeydesigns

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
bluemini said:
You can use a vinegar and water solution or bleach . I also use an all purpose cleaner :)
I use vinegar too...and a blowtorch (after rabbit is removed from cage of course LOL!!!). It's so helpful when you've got a heavy molter and the cage gets covered in fur in a day. The vinegar is great for getting any leftover crusties in trays and for cleaning out water bottles too.

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
milehigh777 said:
Diluted Bleach. One part to 5. Best sterilization around. :)
1:10 dilution is the recommended one for sanitation. AND, don't use it around the rabbit. Clean obvious stuff, scrub with bleach/water or vinegar/water, rinse, rinse, rinse. Then let it sit in the sun for a bit if you can. A torch works well if you have a lot of clinging hair.

Tab003

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
We use bleach and water for general cleaning. We also use VANODINE to spray carriers and cages after the shows and show tables. You can use VANODINE on anything and we do. :)

oneacrefarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Tab003 said:
We use bleach and water for general cleaning. We also use VANODINE to spray carriers and cages after the shows and show tables. You can use VANODINE on anything and we do. :)
Love, love, love Vanodine! Best stuff ever, if you can find it....

Shannon

bluemini

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
crazyturkeydesigns said:
bluemini said:
I use vinegar too...and a blowtorch (after rabbit is removed from cage of course LOL!!!). It's so helpful when you've got a heavy molter and the cage gets covered in fur in a day. The vinegar is great for getting any leftover crusties in trays and for cleaning out water bottles too.
:) Yeah its great,but I dont like the smell that much so I have to wash it out,alot . lol It also keeps my rabbit from chewing at the cage/pans .