Clippers for nigerian dwarf goats

Sean A.

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What type & brand of clippers does everyone use to clip there goats. I'm looking into getting some. There are so many out there cheap and expensive that I'm at a lost. I really don't want to spend a lot of money but want something that will get the job done and not have to buy more in future. Will mainly be for dairy cuts and probably body shave too. Not into showing as of rite now but you never know what the future may hold. I was looking at the Wahl Show Pro Plus & the Oster golden A5 dual speed clippers but im open to any others too.Thank you in advance.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
There have been a number of other discussions on this subject... If you look down below this post there will be 4 or 5 threads listed with similar key words. Basically, keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Generally speaking, "cheap/inexpensive" means worn out/broken/needs replacement quickly. Hope you'll update us on what you end up with and how they perform.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
oops- forgot to mention.... you also want to oredr blade wash, clipper oil, and Kool Lube! The Kool Lube is very important when clipping. It helps keep blade lubricated as well as keeps the blade cool!

Sean A.

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok thanks