1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Goat Hooves
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Clippers for nigerian dwarf goats

Discussion in 'Equipment & Supplies' started by Sean A., Feb 14, 2017.

1. Feb 14, 2017
    Sean A.

Sean A. Chillin' with the herd

What type & brand of clippers does everyone use to clip there goats. I'm looking into getting some. There are so many out there cheap and expensive that I'm at a lost. I really don't want to spend a lot of money but want something that will get the job done and not have to buy more in future. Will mainly be for dairy cuts and probably body shave too. Not into showing as of rite now but you never know what the future may hold. I was looking at the Wahl Show Pro Plus & the Oster golden A5 dual speed clippers but im open to any others too.Thank you in advance.

2. Feb 14, 2017
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

There have been a number of other discussions on this subject... If you look down below this post there will be 4 or 5 threads listed with similar key words. Basically, keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Generally speaking, "cheap/inexpensive" means worn out/broken/needs replacement quickly. Hope you'll update us on what you end up with and how they perform.

3. Feb 14, 2017
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice Herd Master

This is a great clipper. Get the #10 blade, #30 blade and a 6F or 7F. These blades are all you will need for pretty much everything you want to do.

4. Feb 14, 2017
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice Herd Master

oops- forgot to mention.... you also want to oredr blade wash, clipper oil, and Kool Lube! The Kool Lube is very important when clipping. It helps keep blade lubricated as well as keeps the blade cool!

5. Feb 14, 2017
    Sean A.

Sean A. Chillin' with the herd

Ok thanks