Close to labor Possible twins

Willi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
One of my does is 4 days away from her due date. Her ligaments are completely gone and she’s acting like she might be in early labor ive been feeling some light kicks on her right side but as of recently I’ve also felt them on her left, my other two momma’s had singles and I never felt them on there left sides however they were both singles this doe is a twin and so is the daddy, is feeling kicks on the left a good sign of twins?
heres my girl ambrosia
5C98710D-B76F-4FC6-AF26-617F3CB66A0A.jpeg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
May help more to share a picture of her belly and sides from a top view, but her head sure is pretty, she looks to be a nubian?
I just had a mini nubian give birth to a single, when everyone who saw her thought twins....goats will keep you guessing :)

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
She is a pretty girl. Most of the time you don't see kid movement on the left side. The rumen is there and it's so big kids can't usually be felt through it. Always exceptions I guess. Pics as mentioned above and udder also would be great. Thanks.

Willi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
May help more to share a picture of her belly and sides from a top view, but her head sure is pretty, she looks to be a nubian? I just had a mini nubian give birth to a single, when everyone who saw her thought twins....goats will keep you guessing :)
Yes sorry I meant to update with pictures when I got her to stand and then it slipped my mind very sorry. This is her first so I’m not sure how she carries yet she’s 3/4 Nubian 1/4 saanen all white with cream everyone gets a shock when they see a pure white Nubian lol
C2826644-715F-4FC6-B5C8-7464EFAD8754.jpeg
D5D46E1D-76D1-45F1-8140-7C3574D28A5A.jpeg

Willi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She is a pretty girl. Most of the time you don't see kid movement on the left side. The rumen is there and it's so big kids can't usually be felt through it. Always exceptions I guess. Pics as mentioned above and udder also would be great. Thanks.
Sorry again it completely slipped my mind when I was finishing yard work she hasn’t eaten much in this photo she’s got a odd udder one side is smaller and the teat is placed higher on the side
A8A5B346-F31D-42A9-AA41-9EAE8A8179E1.jpeg
1659B178-DB4B-45AC-BCE0-AF11535125D9.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her udder is probably off shape due to only feeding one kid. Or did you milk her?

I pulled one of lamb twins off and sold it, leaving the other on the mama. Udder went completely lopsided! OOPS! I was afraid I had ruined her udder but she twinned again 5 months later and her udder returned to normal. If you had pulled the kid and milked her daily, I would wonder if she had a touch of mastitis in the small side but if she was nursing only one kid they usually have favorite teats and will nurse predominantly on that side.

The teat only looks like it is placed higher because the udder is lopsided at the moment. If you want to keep her udder shapely, I suggest you milk her out once or twice a day if she kids with a single.

Willi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Her udder is probably off shape due to only feeding one kid. Or did you milk her?

I pulled one of lamb twins off and sold it, leaving the other on the mama. Udder went completely lopsided! OOPS! I was afraid I had ruined her udder but she twinned again 5 months later and her udder returned to normal. If you had pulled the kid and milked her daily, I would wonder if she had a touch of mastitis in the small side but if she was nursing only one kid they usually have favorite teats and will nurse predominantly on that side.

The teat only looks like it is placed higher because the udder is lopsided at the moment. If you want to keep her udder shapely, I suggest you milk her out once or twice a day if she kids with a single.
Thank you for the info!. This is her first pregnancy so we didn’t notice the lopsided ness till recently I’ll definitely take your advice for milking she just kidded out about 2 hours ago a 10lb buckling lol his head was huuuuge and he was stuck for nearly a hour poor mamma is very dainty we might be only breeding her to ND’s unless she gets larger