CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dually trucks eat the diesel, it’s that slurping sound you hear.

My son is up in your neck of the (not) woods. He said he’s about an hour and a half west of Enid. He’s at a plant where they make dry concrete. He’s hanging iron, I guess they are adding onto the plant. He sure hates cold weather! Right about now he’s probably wishing he had taken that job in Arizona. I think he was looking at distance and not being able to come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Can’t win them all.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, where in Va are you going? Might be close to where we could at least meet....
My DS's dually is down with the radiator finally went out (had that little bit of weeping when we went to NH 6 months ago and got sidelined for 12 hours with the sensors shutting it down... he is going to put in a new aluminim one, not a plastic/metal hybrid like they come with... 1,000 for the radiator alone... and the ford place said it is a 14 HOUR job... got to take half the front off and there are something like 8 cooling units in it... An expensive nightmare in my book. :hit:hit:th:tho_O:he:he

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Dually trucks eat the diesel, it’s that slurping sound you hear.
With my tuner messed up I'm only getting 9.5 loaded and it really adds to the time with slow acceleration, can't keep up speed. Adds hours to the trip going slow. I have about 2,500lbs in the truck without the trailer. Another 9k with it.
My son is up in your neck of the (not) woods. He said he’s about an hour and a half west of Enid.

I called for a job over there a couple of days ago. I should have called a week earlier. They already had 2 teams headed over there after Thanksgiving. I bet the same job. It would be about 4hrs for me or 14hrs closer than VA
Hey, where in Va are you going?
Wytheville/Max meadows. SW corner.
An expensive nightmare in my book. :hit:hit
Almost anything is on the new ones. I'd hate to see some the price jumps in the last year alone. If you can find the part. Another reason I don't want a newer truck, but kinda need it pulling on such long trips. Also some weld QC's will bust you out for not having a newer pipeliner looking truck. Mine is still a regular shoret bed. Tub rig.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are going to be as far away from me as anywhere else in the state... well, see how long you are going to be there... we might do something like meet or something.... Will you have to leave home before Thanksgiving?
So sorry you missed out on the one closer to home... but at least it is a job right now. Even with the "market" up today... I really think it is going to continue to deteriorate.... at least you got to be home for a little bit, got some work done, cut down the feed bill....

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I will leave on Fri right after Thanksgiving. Today we changed our Thanksgiving dinner from Fri to Thur.
Even with the "market" up today... I really think it is going to continue to deteriorate
Sad but true. I don't just think, it's pretty obvious. Even with a 180 it can't get better for some time.

I looked at a mortgage calculator the other day. $400,000 loan which gets half the land it did 2 just 2 yrs ago (in this state), would be $486k in interest alone. More in other fee's & etc...

Latest posts