CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t even know what to say to that. Tractor down, I can’t find any thing cheerful to say. Why does it seem sometimes when you are down, life just won’t stop kicking you?
You can’t roll over and give up, you just gotta stay on your feet and keep going. Somewhere in there, you’ll get traction and take off again. I hope it’s soon. Generally end of January or early February, jobs open up again. Get ready to roll.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay. That's not the half of it. Desperately need brakes for the wifes car. It's needed them for months now. Had to go to the MIL for tires on it to replace the F'n new ones. Still need two more for the front. The new tires gave us 2 flat tires at the same time a month ago on the way to church. We didn't make it that day. Had to have the neighbor take me home and grab some tire sealer for the other tire just to get the car home. I need a pair for the truck as well.

One bright side I do have some things I can sell and not be screwed later. I need to get the 9N running to sell it. The other day I pulled the car up to it to jump/charge it so I could work on it without running the battery down. Hooked up the jumper cables, pulled a spark plug to check for fire, and then NO crank at all. Even hooked the jumper cables straight to the starter and nothing. I didn't have them hooked backwards, I double checked.

:) Me and DS got his first coyote the other day. He helped me set a trap on the neighbors last week.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel even worse, for you, because if we had connected before you went back... I could have given you a week 's --or more --- worth of work so that it would have at least paid your expenses to go back.... putting in some fence posts, taking down these ceilings, some yard cleanup... and could have parked your trailer at the farm so you would have had electric and/or used DS house for a shower since he is not living there (he is at GF's).... sure it might not have been welding work...or even union wages.... it is cash work..... but we always have some stuff that needs doing and we sure could have used some "male grunt work help".... he//, he is having trouble finding guys to help with just tree cleanup and such....and he never gets all the mechanic work done... and now they are starting the hay storage barn/shed....

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I cut wood or if I can "cowboy" doing day work when I'm home. Normally not a problem recently no calls. Just saying doing "not" welding doesn't bother me. But like you said it's a little late now.
And everybody likes cash. Well Darn the luck I guess.

p.s. I've never not made it yet.

Last edited:

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Like I said feast or famine. I applied for 2 jobs online yesterday and sent a text to another guy asking about work. The text although I can't get any details still, he said they're hiring. I had someone else call this morning (someone I can't stand) about welding in TX (no details) and had the wife found a fitter job on face book (for the company I called before Christmas) to go to NM and they will have a job under 2 hours from home this summer.

None calling me are the 2 I applied for.

Latest posts