CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've been on here a few years. I had cattle, goats, horses, and chickens when I started. I got rid of the goats and am down to one bull. I messed up last year selling the heifers with the thought of buying better cows this year. In Zebu they are going for 4x+ what I sold mine for so it may be a wait. I will not get goats again until I have more land. Still letting the horses eat more than they are worth.

As for the journal. It's a good way to have a beekeeping record since I'm bad about keeping records. I should have some showing up any day now. I ordered 2 packages and I have 3 hives incase I get a swarm. I studied them for about 4 years now. It started when I found a colony in a tree 20' from the back door of the new house (presumably there when I moved in) and not noticing them unless you looked up. They lasted a couple of years and I only got stung once when mowing and one landed on my face and I yes I slapped her stinger into my face. There is an abandoned house a couple of miles away that has a huge colony in it, but I haven't caught a swarm yet. I need to move my swarm traps.

I work on the road as a Pipe Fitter/Pipe Welder. Currently 2 kiddos they turn 4 and 2 later this year. I was raised around horses, cattle, chickens and dogs. I currently have 1 mean blue heeler and will probably always have a heeler.

Well that's a good enough start. Best wishes and have a great day.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Got my Zebu bull back from the butcher today. I was surprised I got 294pds and at a price tag of $329. It was my extra bull for a heifer breed to/from the other bull whom I like. Even though he had a perfect posture he was worth more as hamburger than selling. I'm regretting selling all the heifers. His mate not so much but the others. I'll know more tomorrow about how he turned out. I was expecting a 225lb max of return beef and the same price tag.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nastalgic look and small pasture. I initially got into them to teach the calves to pull a cart or wagon when I did the chuck wagon races years ago. It was to give the horses a break when needing them to race the next day. I don't race anymore but would still like to have a pair of cows that can pull and 2-300pds of meat twice a year would be enough for my family.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My bee's are shipped. 83f for the high and going to raining for the next few days. The post office tracking said they would be here by next Mon. That is the maximum time for them to stay healthy. I hope it's this Thur not Next Mon. Nobody wants to wait a week for their chicks to show up.
Had every thing in bloom 6wks ago. The wild plums and some of the better trees for them to get started are already done. Still have dandelions and a few flowers in the yard, lots of wild flowers and other trees in the vicinity that keep producing something most of the year.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My clover has been up and growing for a long time now. It's not flowering yet though.
And yes the bee's love it. More the white than the red. I've heard the red is almost unused by bee's. But I've noticed everything eats it well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My husband loves the crimson clover, we have it all over the place. We have white clover too. It’s blooming now. We lined the driveway and the front between the fence and the county road with the crimson clover. It sure is pretty.

Latest posts