CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the preggers gal. What's she bred to? Always wanted a cremello! Had one, a mini...but never a riding one. As to riding horses, two mares and one came with a foal but, not in keep it....just till weaning....other a lovely GH but never bred her. My first, at 12 yrs old, a gelding. My fav was an Arab gelding....beautiful boy.

The minis gave me the outlet for my desire to breed and raise foals, in a size I could handle! Well, stallions to handle mostly. They don't know they're small!!!! 😁 horses are so great.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What's she bred to?
A Hancock breed stud of my neighbors. He jumped the fence last year. He is the stud to the other 2 I have. (those were on purpose) The Buckskin filly and palomino stud in my other photos. They are out of the mare on the right. The one I'm on. She is Doc bar breed top and bottom.
To me line breeding is still imbreeding. :gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you get the job, even a short one helps. My son is staying busy, his boss hustles jobs to keep his crews busy. Last week they were in Navasota working on a school, then he had to drive the crane to the shop, and service it. Then to Palestine to work on a filling station, back to shop. I think he’s in Lufkin this week. Not making the money he was, but he’s working.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Queen release day. 5-2-21
20210502_134421.jpg

Queen cage is that little yellow spot on the bottom of the frame.
20210502_134711.jpg
20210502_140753.jpg

Queen cage is unseeable (not a real word I know) in the bunch of bee's. Also on the bottom of this frame.
20210502_140826.jpg

It's a little hard to grab a hold of to pull the cork when there's not enough room to get 2 fingers.
But we got it done and sending you pics to prove it was so.lol

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Last fri & Sat I got to weld on the tracks of a little dozer. Sat made a long day got there at 7 told him 7.30. I was supposed to go hit an auction Sat that I forgot about until I told him I would be there. I was adding Rebar so his tracks could have a little more traction. He was worried about the weld not being huge and stacked real high. I said your re bar is going to wear out and your track is only so wide and I'm already going as far as I can from edge to edge. So he could run it Sun I did every other on Sat so there wouldn't be long spots without the extra.
He wanted me to fix his trailer jack before leaving in case he needed it Sun. I started on it about 6.30 p.m. I was almost done when they come back without the dozer he had already got it stuck so can I help I say sure. By this time I'm ready for a beer and to go home for supper. On our way out to get the dozer he drives the old 2 ton dumptruck right down hill from the dozer, it gets stuck. His compact tractor with backhoe attachment gets it out. It's was a process. Later he can't turn his truck around, I drive He's asking me to do this with the other guy giving me signals (pet peeve of mine). Both are trying to get it 'to' right. My back end is good and I can drive out, hook it up. No move the truck 3 more times.
Any way I got rolled up and in the truck about 8. Get a call after church Sun. Do you know who can put a track back on a dozer I give him a number. I guess I don't know when I'll finish. I need to go check out a wood clearing then brush hogging job. But rain coming in by 11 doesn't make it worth the drive. And I did go there 3 times last week trying to get a hold of him. I was cutting wood across the street so not a drive.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are places that common sense says “wait until it dries up!” I once told my husband not to drive to the back of 16 acres we used to have. To prove me wrong, he did it just to show me. He buried the one ton truck to the axles. Too far for a wrecker to get to it, had to hire a bulldozer to drag it out. Yeah, he sure showed me! Did I mention he’s a city boy who doesn’t know diddly squat about country things? :lol: He also went against my advice and cleared small trees and brush during the winter, where there were no leaves for me to positively identify trees. Come spring, he was asking what happened to all the dogwood trees! Gone. Every. Single. One.

After 25 years, he has learned to respect my advice. He still doesn’t know diddly squat, but is enthusiastic about whatever we are doing. LOL LOL