CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats also on the new expectation......
Hope you have a safe trip back to work and that the time goes quickly. Maybe you will be able to find something closer to home in in the spring.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I got today off and it's pretty nice out. Thanks for all the congrats and hope everyone is well.
When I got back to the camper I had a busted water pump in the camper so I bypassed it which worked for that problem but then I couldn't use the pump for the storage water. Then we had some negative temps with single digit highs which froze the sewer line. I forgot to leave one of the gray tanks open so the tub side was full when I showed up but could leave the kitchen sink open. After the septic froze I couldn't leave the water running which froze up the incoming water under ground. I had the sewer hose heat traced but didn't realize the breaker blew until days later. The heat trace is warm enough that it melted a hole in part of the water line, before my water hose hook up, so that wasn't the problem, but did need fixed once the water thawed.

As of Fri (during the little snow storm) everything is unfroze and I can take a shower not in the truck stop.

What fun in the camper life. Even though there is a cheap hotel 30 mls closer to the job I really do like staying in the camper and like this campground. I have 4 neighbors that I can see from the yard.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You cant cook meals in a hotel room. Having your own space is worth the frozen lines. My son calls his RV home. LOL

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's the 500 extra miles a week and the extra 35 min twice a day that bites.
I used to keep a large tote full of cooking supplies just for the hotel. I cooked more then, than I do now with the kitchen. Plus it would be cheaper to eat out than drive and get home late when working 84hrs a week.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The wife got a new male heeler pup last week. Going to make him the oldest boys dog. He is 6 months now and intently watching the horses coming up behind her while taking the pic.
Resized952022012495172556.jpg

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A little update. I took a layoff the 1st of July. Had 6 wks off, which in the middle of I delivered my/our baby girl and that makes 3. Also, the reason I took the layoff is she (DW) was due a week later. Now I'm up in Michigan, passed my weld test last Mon so I'll be up here for a while. Later than I want to stay up north but it pays and I need to get the truck payed off. It's killing me.
And no internet at this campground either, but maybe I'll stop in on Sundays.

Latest posts