CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know you have to send a postcard to each kid? There is no "sharing" a postcard! LOL LOL

That sucks about your welder. At least the company will lend you one.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I never found the Lighthouse yesterday, but since we ended up not working today (after getting up at 5), I went to a windmill mill. They had postcards of windmills and lighthouses.
I said i would start grabbing post cards while I was still in NE but never got any there. Going to have to start keeping up with that.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh they do. The oldest 5 always wants to check the mail every day for his "magazine" that comes once or twice a month. They loved the post cards as well.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I got a late start today, but I'm finally heading home. It was supposed to be later and for only a week. Now it's now and may be off work for a LOT longer (you don't want to know how long it could be) waiting for the other jobs to kick off. 9+ hrs drove today after the late start another 5 1/2 or so for tomorrow. Bay I don't know how you do all the driving and visiting and work you do. I am younger and can't hardly go anywhere other than where I have to.
I was going to swing by crealcritters on the way home but 1 he didn't answer in time (because I didn't give him enough heads up) and it would add hours more to tomorrows drive.
Wow I'm up late and sitting in a rest area.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you have a safe trip home! (and hope it's not terribly long before the next job!) :fl

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those long drive marathons are tiring. Son came in yesterday but only had to drive from Greenville, about 3hours. He goes tomorrow to Houston for hiring in on another job that starts in a week or two. It’s in Baytown, 3-4 hours from here.

I hope you aren’t off work for that long. Gotta keep the money coming in to pay the bills. Be safe driving the rest of the way home!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you are getting home for a bit; sorry that the future is sketchy right now. But, you never know. @Baymule 's DS was supposed to be home for a few weeks and is going to be home for like 2 days to go see about another job. Sad for her and the knee recovery... but I can sympathize as I was basically home alone after I got out of the bad nursing home/rehab right after surgery. You had to just deal with it... sad but true when you are alone.
I am sure your family will be glad to see you and maybe you can take some of the early time home to do some of the "honey do" projects before the weather gets cold. But, I know that not having work to plan on is going to be tough.
Only a month or so until elections... maybe things will pick up more after that even with the economy looking bleak right now.
Drive careful.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I'm back home again and the job is over. There were 2 others that should have started before this one finished and technically I should be there until next fri but there was an issue.
I still have my inside tomatoes that gave me 8 in 2 days and I'm going to keep them in the camper and try to see how long they last.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you Bay Jan and FEmom. One good thing about working for multiple companies is I don't have to wait until the end of Nov to go back to work. I just wish I made enough on the last run that I could. ahh dreams. Anyway yes the family is more than happy to have me back. Me and the boys just took a walk to look at the bee's in between school lessons and they ended up across the fence throwing crab apples back over for the fence for the horses.

They need ANY extra they can get right now. It was the worst drought here since I've been here 7 yrs and only 1 decent 1.25 inch of rain for the 7 weeks I was gone. It rained north, south, east and west of us within 10 miles. One storm while I was gone it was all in the same day. Split 10 miles out went around and came back together.
Currently I think the grasshoppers are starving to death. An inch of rain a month for 4 months just ain't enough here.

Latest posts