CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
MF I don't like this Lab top. Anyway I outran the rain until 4 somewhere in KY 100 mls north of Nashville. It was basically dark all day from the over cast. Once it started raining and getting dark it got hard for me to see, so I pulled over. Several gas stations at that exit. None of them had parking and couldn't really see across town to see open parking at the hotels and no Wal-Mart. I didn't know 20 miles down the road there was a Flying J and a Wal-Mart. Both are good places to park overnight. The campground was $45 a night. It's $50 for some hotels and I brought the bed, bathroom and t.v. No cable included.

Bad news. I failed the weld test.🤬😲😖🤢 97.5 gallons (and 19 hours) to get here, so basically another 100 to get home. Thats an even grand $$$$$ for the round trip.:he:mad: So Jan I won't be up here as long as I thought. It should've been a 6+ month.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok I'm back home and can respond again.

I can re-test after 30 days IF they haven't hired someone else by then, AND they still need a welder in Jan. I can't afford that wait but did hear about a different company I used to work for needing help much closer to home. I need to give them a call.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What about checking on that job my son is on? It’s a concrete plant, I think he said 1 1/2 hours west of Enid. TV park literally across the road from the job. They may need another welder , someone might’ve quit.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Closer to home sure sounds better! 🤞👍🤗
Yes but i'm out $1,000+ on fuel alone for that little scenic trip. It also paid more and seamed like good people to work with (I actually knew a few of them) and it had an amazing view. Mostly just I was already there.
What about checking on that job my son is on? It’s a concrete plant, I think he said 1 1/2 hours west of Enid. TV park literally across the road from the job. They may need another welder , someone might’ve quit.
I think they're rapping up. I'm friends with the Super Intendent I called the other week. He said he'd let me know if someone didn't show up.

Ask your son if it's Adelphi as the main contractor. If now I may be able to go there.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Check out the one you used to work for... closer to home a plus. Maybe not the same money, but a job is a job. Check out the place that @Baymule 's son is at and see what the status is also... never know.... sometimes when things don't work out one place there is a reason that we can't see/know....
Glad you made it home okay and so sorry for the "wasted gas and time" = money gone.

Latest posts