CLSranch a journal to compensate my lack of memory.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Praying for you. While money can't buy happiness, it sure can go a long way towards it! It seems when you are on bottom though God comes through for you. He always has for us. 🙏

I will keep you in mind also. We will be building fence this summer and can use help. Better to get a job pipefitting though since it will pay better and give you some benefits. We went through a bad patch but not as bad as yours.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It been another nice warm spell. Had 65 yesterday and the bee's where flying. They were eating a quart in about 3 hours. It rained until noon yesterday so they got a late start, but I was still surprised that they didn't finish it off. I guess they are getting their comb filled up sufficiently, so they should be good to go through the next weeks cold spell.

I head to AR Saturday. I will be working north of Memphis. They said it's a 3 month job. Only 50 hrs but I'll take it. Not running my truck but still welding. I need to cancel my insurance I guess. That's been a he!! of a bill the last couple of months, not using it but not knowing if I was going to need it any day.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the job...:celebrate couple of months income as you keep your eyes open... always heard that it was better to look for a job while you still had one even if it was not exactly what you want... and hey, any welding will keep your hand in it, what you took those courses for and got certified to do.... And it is practical daily practice and use of those skills....and hopefully get some of the bills caught up and then go from there....
I admire your resiliency..... :thumbsup :yesss::yesss::highfive:

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
and hey, any welding will keep your hand in it, what you took those courses for and got certified to do.... And it is practical daily practice and use of those skills..
Thank you and yes it does help keep my hand in it. I'll need some practice before going to one of those big paying jobs, after all the time off I had. In MI half of what I did was fit instead of weld. I hear a lot of welders say it's like riding a bike, you never forget. I say it's not and I need a couple of weeks to make it look good again. You don't forget how to make babies. :lol:
I was hoping for more work around the house while I was home though. Unemployment last year would've been a big help. Food stamps the wife got were a savior this year. I never could figure out the unemployment problem back in July.
I admire your resiliency.....
I'm kinda like those depression pill commercials. Smiling on the outside. No need to bring anyone else down. :) ;) I have to liquidate my IRA tomorrow for gas money.😖 But like I said, I'll make it. I ain't dead yet.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Credit cards are a lifesaver, but will take you down if not paid off asap. With interest rates creeping up, credit card companies are having a field day! I recently got a Lowe’s card, 5% off purchase. BUT if not paid off on first bill, interest is 26%!!!! My sister said one of her cards jumped to 30%.
I probably don’t have to tell you this, but pay off highest interest rates first. Credit cards dug up out of a financial disaster so many times, then the pay back! One time, the only thing we had running was the tractor! The truck, car and even Kawasaki mule were down, all with costly repairs.

I’m so glad you are going back to work, even a short job. It will get you going again. Son said his job has been extended through March. He was thinking it would end sooner and was lining up possible jobs. He had to pull back on the search.

Vaya con Dios!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Son says it’s snowing and cold. He’s off today. They may be able to work tomorrow if the snow stops.
Hope y’all are staying warm!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh! Snow is better in Hallmark movies. Anyone notice that they don't bundle up, wear lighweight coats, high heeled boots, and leave their scarves just hanging open?! I guess it would ruin the movie if they were muffled up so much that you couldn't see the faces of the leading men and women! LOL Hallmark movies have the best snow - apparently it is warm and just scenic.

Latest posts