Club footed lamb and maybe a bloated one?

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
First, my little guy has what we can best describe as a club foot. (I will attach some photos). We wrapped his foot straight for a week with some decent results at first, but then he went back to his knuckle instead of his hoove. Is there a specific way to wrap it or another method to help his leg straighten out?
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Second, my ewe lamb Nala has a large belly. I am new to lambs so of course I have been worrying about everything. Her belly is more round then my other three and I have skipped a meal as another had recommended to see if it went down just in case she ate too much but it made no real difference. Its been this way for a good week maybe even two now. She is the most playful of my group and always eats her share! Am I worrying about a non-problem or is this the beginning of something bad?

Thank you!

image.jpeg
Nala is the middle one

image.jpeg
Also Nala

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 363

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Take a toilet paper roll and cut it the long way so you can roll it inside itself to the correct diameter
You may have to size it on the leg and cut some of the length off or you may not depending upon how big the animals is you do for a newborn Nigerian
Then wrap it around the leg and duct tape
Pink is optional
We left this on her for about 4 days and it strengthened fine
Hers was doing the same thing but she was a newborn

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't know what the selenium level is in the hay/pasture in your area but the little guy might benefit from a Bo-Se injection.

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what the selenium level is in the hay/pasture in your area but the little guy might benefit from a Bo-Se injection.
I did not even think of that :he
I will pick some up as soon as I can. Thank you!