Cluckmecoop7's Animal Friends!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thank you for the greetings/welcomes! :) No, @Duckfarmerpa1 - I don't quite recognize you...yet.;)
I'll PM, but your post was a little jumbled (for me at least! LOL) so I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Where are you located? (State) Free?
I’m in NJ which is probably far for you. But yeah I would just give you one of my beautiful mangalitsa piglets.

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been updating my journal much, but here I am again! I've just been super busy lately.

So, I few things have been happening!

First, Blamo, one of my 1 year old hens got hurt. I'm not exactly sure how but the other chickens saw it and started pecking her. :(

Long story short, she is now in a "chicken jail" healing and I am trying to figure out what to do with the two bullies. (Kiwi and Marshy.) Well, for now I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and then I'll probably separate the bullies. I will post pictures and give you guys more details later because I got to go to my local pet shelter now and (maybe) pick up a rabbit! :D

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:frow Good morning!

So I did bring home a rabbit yesterday! His name is Bun Bun and he is about 13 or 14 months old. :) I'm pretty sure he is some kind of lop. I love him already! He is going to be my pet. (Not meat.) ;)
DSCN8063.jpg

Next update is: One of my chickens got hurt. I guess the other chickens saw blood and started pecking right under her neck until I saw. (She is the lowest in the pecking order). Well, after I cleaned her up, I knew she would need to be separated so I set up my old dog crate up in the basement and let her be in there for the next two days. (about.) Then I built a "chicken jail" out in part of my girls run and she is now getting better. :)

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry, did't see this till now. :confused: She's doing pretty good! Most of her feathers have grown back and right now I'm just trying to get her with the flock again..... which is NOT working!!!
Hi! Just a suggestion but have you tried putting her in with them at night while they are roosting, that is the only time i have been successful and even that has failed for me a time or two. Good luck! Chickens can be so brutal to one another.

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi! Just a suggestion but have you tried putting her in with them at night while they are roosting, that is the only time i have been successful and even that has failed for me a time or two. Good luck! Chickens can be so brutal to one another.

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion! Well, there's a problem: I let my chickens out around 8:00 or 8:30 AM. They wake up at about 6:00 AM I think. And they jump off the perch and walk around waiting. SOOOOO - They would attack Blamo in that time period. ☹