Cluckmecoop7's Animal Friends!

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my new journal! I have used to be "Blamo'sBestBuddy" but I had some problems and now I am signed up with "cluckmecoop7" like I am on SS and BYC. :) This will be my thread where I will post regular updates and/or questions about my animal friends. I am starting out by answering these questions: (If I put "N/A" that means I don't want to answer or I just don't have that thing/animal, etc.)

1. What state/province/country are you in and what is your climate like?
I don't want to see exactly where I am, but I will say I live in the north of the USA. :cool: I get nice summers and pretty cold winters, although this winter wasn't very bad.
2. How many people are in your family? Marital status?
N/A
3. How would you define your farm?
Well, I don't really really have a farm yet. Right now I only have a few animals.
4. What would you do with your spare time if you had any resources you needed?
Raise more animals?
5. Have you ever built a house, barn , or other types of building? Do you want to?
Yes, I have. I've built a small shed and a chicken coop.
6. Can you weld? Steel, aluminum, MiG, TiG, stick, Oxy-Acet?
Yes, I'm just starting. Steel.
7. Who or what inspired you to be a farmer/rancher, hobby farmer?
Joining BYC!
8 Is it a hobby or an occupation?
Hobby.
9. In what areas are you knowledgeable and in what areas would you like to learn more?
I'm really knowledgeable with chickens, and I really want to learn more about caring/butchering different animals.
10. In what types of farming will you never choose to do?
I'm not sure.
11. Are you interested in providing more of your own food supply?
YES!
12. Where do you end up when you sink into yourself, away from the outside world?
N/A??
13. Can you drive a farm tractor or a semi?
No, I don't have any of those.
14. Do you make crafts or useful items? Would you want to teach others how to do these?
Not really... I want to learn though.
15. Can you legally have all forms of livestock where you are at? Do you have any? What kinds?
No. Yes, I have some. I have chickens, fish (does that count?) and I'm getting two rabbits soon.
16. Can you operate a lathe? Metal, wood?
I don't have one.
17. Do you like to garden? If so, what do you enjoy growing?
Yes, I do! I enjoy growing most everything. But I especially like growing sunflowers, radishes, snow peas, and more!
18. Do you fish? Bait or explosives?
Yes, I do fish. But it's mostly just for fun. Only a few times have I eaten one of the fish I got. (But sometimes I keep one to use in a trap.)
19. How much space/land do you have or rent? City farm? Country?
No, not much. I live on the edge of a small town.
20. Are you a Novice, Technician, degreed?
N/A
21. What is your farm specialty? Or what one would you like to learn?
Chickens mostly.
22. If you could create a degree and curriculum, what would you major in and what classes would you take?
N/A
23. Do you do wood work? framing, finish, cabinet?
Sometimes...but not much.
24. Are you interested in herbal animal medicine?
Yes.
25. If you could live any place you chose, where would it be?
In the country on a large farm far away from any towns, etc.
26. Do you use a wood stove for heating or cooking?
Heating - yes! Cooking - not much.
27. What would your ideal super hero/villain be?
N/A
28. Are your family or friends also interested in animals?
Some of them.
29. Do you like to cook? Are you interested in whole foods and natural foods? raw milk? farm fresh eggs?
Yes, I love to cook! Yes again! :) I use my farm fresh eggs all the time!
30. What was your best animal experience? Worst?
Best was probably When my chickens started laying eggs. Worst was when a chick died. (I haven't been keeping animals very long so I don't have a lot.)
31. Do you forage or hunt for part of your food needs?
No, but I'm hoping to start soon.
32. What skills do you have that help you be more a self sufficient farm?
N/A
33. Do you process your own meat? Can or preserve?
No, at least not yet. But I want more information on that.
34. Do you use alternative energy sources on your farm? Would you like to?
No.
35 What is on your to do list?
Put more wood shavings in the chickens coop. Clean one of my fish tanks. Bake cookie bars.
36. Have you ever lived completely off what you produce? Would you like to?
No, but I really, REALLY want too!
37. In what do you trust?
???
38. Do you make and fix things yourself to save money?
Yes.
39. Has the experience with animals changed your attitude or habits?
Yes. I will share more of that later though.

So as you probably found out I own six chickens right now and two fish. I am getting two rabbits in the spring and (hoping!!!) to get a pig sometime.

Last edited:

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm guessing I should tag @Senile_Texas_Aggie because she loved my other journal. :)

So yesterday I was trying to find a way to get less mud all through my chicken's run. (It's from the snow melting.) They go up to their ankles in mud!! But they don't seem to mind. I am thinking of a solution. Tips?

WildBird

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm guessing I should tag @Senile_Texas_Aggie because she loved my other journal. :)

So yesterday I was trying to find a way to get less mud all through my chicken's run. (It's from the snow melting.) They go up to their ankles in mud!! But they don't seem to mind. I am thinking of a solution. Tips?
I have the same problem every spring! I use woodchips, but we are starting to run out of those. I have to get a new batch every year because most of the wood chips decompose or get buried under the mud by the end of the year.

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wood chips or wood shavings? Use said wood chips so I'm assuming thats what you mean. :)

I actually decided yesterday I wood put wood chips in! (I also have a pile). It's working REALLY well! :celebrate:celebrate

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome, recognize me from BYC? :). You found a great place here, that’s for sure! Best kept secret on the net! I’m not exactly what you meant by your location, but I habits that will be ready to sell in three weeks. They are adorable! New Zealand, but mixed colors. If you want to look at some, PM me and I can show you pictures and we could figure out a way to get them to you! Wouldn’t it be great to meet!! Welcome to BYH...you’re gonna love it here! Everyone is sooo nice and friendly!!

cluckmecoop7

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thank you for the greetings/welcomes! :) No, @Duckfarmerpa1 - I don't quite recognize you...yet.;)
I'll PM, but your post was a little jumbled (for me at least! LOL) so I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
I will gladly give you a pig, you just have to come and get it.
Where are you located? (State) Free?

Latest posts