CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the 'Crazy World' that is better known as The Lazy A** Acres....hopefully, my writing 'Style' won't upset too many here...I've been 'Instructed' about it before.....but, it seems that it is always the other individual that gets to 'Define' as to what is 'Proper' and what isn't.....yes I have an education.....and yes, I can do better, but I am a 'True Southerner' and have always had a bit of a 'Rebellious Sreak'...and have been described as 'Hard Headed' and contrary to 'Society'....most don't seem to get it when I respond 'Good' cause I don't care about being 'Included' with that crowd....we would much prefer to be in the 'Sticks' with our Animals....talking to them and being 'Needed' by them....makes for a much Better 'Way of Life' than having somebody on both sides of us that all ya gotta do is raise the window and 'Spit' and it hits another house/property.....we have 20 acres here with a spring fed pond....it has bream, bass, and catfish in it....but it isn't fenced around the perimeter with anything but rusted barbwire.....so, no freedom to the pond for the ducks, chickens, and goats....we take the goats for 'Walks' back there to give them a good leg stretch...LOL!!....well enough said....need to introduce the 'Gang' to ya.....here's the 'Herd Queen' Star....8yo 100% pygmy doe....
IMAG0805.jpg
....we got her along with 2 wethers because we didn't know anything about goats and knew she could 'Teach' the boys better than we could.....plus, she could teach us too....she had a really bad 'Skiddish' problem....but, is the best behaved that we have....justs Loves getting 'Attention' now from either of us....LOL....this is Lightning he is 16mnths and a boer/pygmy cross....66% pygmy....he is the most vocal and is the property 'Alert Signal' the other goats that 1 or both of us are Outside....or, he will alert us that something isn't 'Right' in their pen and need Help....
IMAG0812.jpg
...there are some more pics of him that will come later he Loves to 'Perform'.....then there is the 'Brute' Comet....now, he is the 'Clown' of the Herd....but most assurredly is the 'Top Rung' of the ladder....he is all about his Belly....LOL!!....
IMAG0600.jpg
....this is him 'Inspecting' the beginnings of the 'Cluck Hut/Quack Shack'....as ya can tell we 'Passed with Flying Colors'...LOL!!....actually I had pressed the button when he was on the Platform, but it snapped when he Jumped....couldn't believe I got that shot....going to end this here for now....but there will be much more to come...LOL!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a quick update.....we were preapproved for a home loan today and put an offer on a piece of property.....
IMAG3785.jpg IS6qrcmcatvigr0000000000.jpg
It has quite a bit of work to be done inside....mainly walls and floors....but, owners are in the process of getting it done along with a few others.....we did make an offer on it with a date of completion.....the barn is 2 stories, but wasn't used for animals....the bottom was a workshop and unsure about the top....no ladder to get up there and look....there is 2.8 acres of land with it and it is fenced with 6"x6"x48" knotted wire....the wood is just for looks. If we do get it, it will be a really good deal for this area and more land than with anything else around close in price. The inside is already wheelchair accessible and the rooms fairly large. I just wanted to share some positive news for a change and let ya know that we are still here......:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the late post, but have been just a tad busy today....we got up at 4am central time....got some breakfast at Waffle House and got on the road about 4:45.....had to stop and get Bruce a pic at the Florida line....ya know what he always says....if ya don't have a pic, it didn't happen.....:gig....
IMAG4079.jpg .....so, yes!!...he made it to Florida....:weee....it is really Great that he did, too....cause he drove the rental truck all the way....til Joyce got bored about 80miles from home and wanted to drive to the house.....:lol:.....we made it here about 5:30pm....:bow....Joyce got out of the pickup and into the van and took off to the DD4's house to get Gabbie....they live an hour away, so it was at least a 2hr round trip before Bruce was able to be introduced to the vicious creature....see for yourself....
IMAG4085.jpgIMAG4089.jpg
I'm telling ya the truth....it was a bloody, horrible mess....:lol:
Tho, we worked on unloading the truck until Joyce made it back with her....IMAG4080.jpg....after we got the bed off the truck....Joyce pulled up and we called it a night and will finish tomorrow.....this is where it stands....IMAG4081.jpg....we will empty the truck before we make it to @B&B Happy goats tomorrow afternoon....we waived and blew the horn as we passed by her road this afternoon and she must have had her hearing aid turned down, or Mel was barking....cause we never heard a reply.....;).....that's okay....we'll be in her driveway the next time.....teach her a lesson, for ignoring us....:lol:.....I know the 3 of us will sleep Great tonight.....the past 2 nights was fairly difficult to get much rest for the noise that seemed to be constant the whole time....B&B needs to take it a bit easy on him, cause he is wore slap-dab out, I tell ya!!.....we will be forever Greatful for all of Bruce's help and assistance...also, to 3 other members that have assisted....without these 4 precious souls, this would not have been feasable at this time....I won't mention their names, but they know who they are....and I wanted to thank them here, publically. We sure can't leave out all the many others that have prayed, supported, and encouraged us through this whole stinking ordeal.....this whole "Herd" is simply Amazing!!....Thanks!!!....:hugs :thumbsup :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are really "no words" to express our Gratitude to @Bruce and his family for their sacrifice to help us thru this Last major "gate" in our relocation endeavor....:hugs
Not only did he help us thru, but made it as pleasurable as it can be......;).....we were able to help Bruce to a few "firsts" on his "adventure".....he ate his first loquat and mullberry today....:celebrate.....Bruce is also a Big "hit" with Gabbie too....ever since we got back from @B&B Happy goats place, she has been searching for him....inside and out....she has been out twice and has been "trailing" his scent and the areas that he has been....looking for him....:love.....I just hope I can return the favor in the future, like helping him with a rock in a post hole or something....or something with his "Boys".....just have to see how things go....just as long as it isn't wintertime....:confused:.....:gig.....we had a Great time with @B&B Happy goats and their property is really Nice!!...nice setup and wonderful animals.....didn't try to chase a chicken, or catch a bunny, but they were beautiful....:thumbsup......
IMAG4092.jpg IMAG4093.jpg
IMAG4094.jpg IMAG4095.jpg :woot .....IMAG0731.jpg ...the hospitality was just Fantastic!!...and the "company" was Great....a Wonderful meal....I believe everyone enjoyed it....IMAG4097.jpg ...we weren't "run off" with a shotgun or "threatened" to leave....and wasn't "served" with papers.....:lol:.....so, I guess that I "behaved" enough....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks so very much to all of you!!....:hugs.....but, one thing about this ole girl....she sure did have some spunk for her small self.....here are some pics of her and the Boys coming home with us.....IMAG0415.jpg
IMAG0420.jpg IMAG0237.jpg the one with her hooves on grass was going from the field to the van......here are a few more....
IMAG0239.jpg IMAG0323.jpg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Received word late this afternoon that the underwriters have Approved our loan!!.....:ep:celebrate:weee:clap:woot:D......there are a few minor issues to clear up, but they will be easily handled and we can move forward....we want to Thank all of ya that supported us thru this whole mess and standing with/behind/beside us with such kind words and prayers.....we wish we could :hugs each of ya individually, but in this cyber age this will have to do....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been a bit since I have given an update on the goats....I apologize about that, but if we had to get rid of them....I guess I was just trying to distance myself from them to lessen the grief.....however, since we are hanging in here, they deserve the attention, because they are still quite the characters and we certainly enjoy having and being around them. Comet is still just as comical as he always was and he is always looking to play and get into things....
IMAG3530.jpg .....Lightning is still playing 2nd fiddle, but he certainly is the mischevious one and plays with latches, handles, and gates.....he will walk up to us for rubbings and refuse pellets....tho, not all the time....but enjoys the scratching and interaction.....
IMAG3532.jpg .....then there is Star...she has really turned into a real sweetie and loves to be pampered...and since she is 11yrs old, she certainly deserves to be....every once in a while she will get a bit spunky and will run with the Boys thru the field, around the deck, and in 1 door and out the other.....at her age we feel good about her still having energy....she has always been one to hide and stay back from any stirring, but if it is just us and nothing else around....namely Gabbie....she will ease up to either of us for pellets or rubs....she is standing outside their yard, because I had the camera out snapping pics.....
IMAG3533.jpg ....we are becoming more active outside as the weather allows, but the heat and humidity has hampered the efforts to get caught up on chores and maintainence. We may still have to leave, but until then, we will keep my promise to Mom and Dad that I will take care of things for as long as I am here.....:).....here are a few Gabbie pics of the week....
IMAG3529.jpg IMAG3526.jpg IMAG3535.jpg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually got to see Gabbie in "action" yesterday....I was taking her out for some tossing some with her....it has become the "routine" to do so before feeding the Boys....when she got to where we keep the garbage can, there were 2 dogs loose and running around.....she slammed the dish down and bristled up from head to tail and went after them chasing them back out the drive.....I heard some yelps, but Gabbie wasn't the one yelping....after they were off the property she quickly returned to check on us.....she is definitely a force to deal with.....just glad she is on my side....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Without further delay.....Drumroll, please!................:frow....:duc.......Hot off the press.....about an hour ago we found out that our offer was Accepted!!!.....:weee :weee :weee :ep :celebrate :thumbsup........also, the owners are wanting to close asap.....which is just fine with us.....:)...it actually looks as if there is at least a Beam shining from the end of the tunnel and the action will be picking up relocating the Lazy A** Acres....even tho it will be scaled down a bit, we will still be around sharing the developements and of course the Adventures are sure to continue.....;).....it will be a stretch of time before there will be more animals added, but I'm sure that there will be at least some fowl included, but probably less than we had before. We have also talked about a companion for Gabbie, but we'll have to see how everything pans out.....our $$ will be tighter, so much will depend on how the budget handles the requirements.....before a decision can be made. Anyhoo, I just wanted to share the News with ya as soon as I could....cause I know sooo many have been pulling for us thru the quagmire and everyone of ya are surely appreciated by us.....Thanks Again for the support!!!....:hugs:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was walking Gabbie earlier and she started sniffing around....and I got some pics towards the end of the "hunt".....Gabbie trailed @Bruce around the yard and came to the rear of the van.....IMAG4120.jpg .....then she came and sat while looking up for Bruce to exit....that was the last place that he touched....rode in that seat up to @B&B Happy goats .....IMAG4122.jpg...she is such a Sweet girl!!....:love