CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've never been to an auction either. I should, there's one 20 minutes away from me that runs all summer. I think I'll have a hard time with the livestock though. Like I want to save them all but I never would for biosecurity reasons so I would just sit there and be sad/mad at life haha.

Lereg

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just dispatched a dang possum by the bird yard...in broad daylight, small male....;)
I did find out where the coins were purchased from, so going to find out if they buy back what they sold....and go from there. I have a few to get another vehicle with, so going to try and get what I can for them. :)
I would try to research what they are possibly worth first, so you can have a better idea to what they will pay you for them, imo. like you said, to many people wanting things for free, or cheaper than what they are worth.

Btw, I just finished reading your blog, and appreciate your effort and especially your weather!! I live in middle Tn, and your reports let me know what to expect!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to be of help to ya @Lereg ...that's one reason I do it having been a truck driver, it is always good to pass along to others....and when we lived in Fl and experienced the hurricanes the impotance of being weather aware was reemphasized....and as farmers not all pay attention each day, because of having other things on their mind, so I try to do that, draw attention to it....especially during bad weather. I watch weather in different areas just to keep up with it, habitual by now, I guess.:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been amazed at the Amish and Mennonite farm sales. In some cases generations of accumulation is being sold rather than move it.

We saw some of the huge work horses go for 4-500 dollars. Calf/heifer pairs for less than $800. I posted 160 bf of lumber I got for $20 and that's pretty common.

On the other hand we went to one a couple of week end that had a hay spear and a couple of other things I was interested in. The hay spear sold for $150. It was a CO-OP model that used to sell for aroung $150 so you need to have an idea as to value. :)

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is something that there aren't many of here, the Amish. It is mostly estate sales and families liquidating farm equipment and animals...going out of business. A bit later I am hoping maybe getting a decent deal on a tractor, but cash poor now and for a little longer. Hoping the coins turn into "Good News", but time will tell on that.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Naw, not a whole bunch, just a few....tho, only 1 of those. I'll have to search them individually to check out each one, just hoping to get enough for a better vehicle, but if I can work a tractor into that too...just a Big plus. :)

Latest posts