CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same here, too bad you southerners are cold :plbb

Now we have rain and it is supposed to go below freezing tonight and stay close to that until Monday afternoon. That should be lovely. A nice sheet of ice all around.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, as far as more goats, we don't want anything larger than what we have now....so, it would either be pygmy or mini lamanchas....probably some combination of about 4 total.
Don't worry @Bruce cooler temps are just for the wknd, and back up in the 60s and 70s next wk and 79 on Wed. Tho, we have rain coming Sun nite thru Tues...so, I have to finish setting the posts tomorrow.
@Mike CHS well tell that to Joyce...she has buckets and plastic covering everything in the garden, and has a couple of Blooms fixing to open on some of the tomatoes...:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
After 2 days of pure Hell, and a day of rest...I'm baaack!....:) So, got all of the posts set in 2 days. I was wore plumb out and am sore from my neck to my feet. My knee, the bad one, is the size of a small cantaloupe....and yesterday I had to soak my hands and gloves in water to get the gloves off, because the blisters popped and bled, then dried to the gloves...so, I didn't want to just rip them open.... IMAG1783.jpg IMAG1785.jpg I had one pole that has to be moved, but couldn't get it out of the ground. I caught my neighbor and it took both of us to get it out, so I will fix it and set it tomorrow. We had a half inch of rain last nite and another round coming tomorrow nite into Wed....will also get those last 2 poles in tomorrow...I got them when we went to town today. I treated us to a Mexican dinner to celebrate getting so much done. ;)
I got a couple of pics of the clouds yesterday....one cause they were interesting....the other was when I finished setting the last pole.....IMAG1780.jpg IMAG1781.jpg I had to adjust every gate post, of course...but, they are done. Now, to get to the brace posts and more Fun.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh, I made the bulk of my money with my hands, and they use to be calloused, but this soft life has left them soft. Oh, and something I forgot to post, Joyce had 15 tomato plants out...and now she has 6 that made it thru the 25° low we had.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is too bad. I decided many years ago that early gardens are fun to try but rarely successful. :)

The one time they are successful is worth all of the failures though. :)

You still have to try. I just planted our seed last weekend so we will be transplanting to pots soon.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We do the same and it is cheap entertaiment for Joyce to have something to mess with...she is already bugging me to get some goats that can have Babies....I messed up and showed her lamb and kid pics....:)

Latest posts