CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the absence the past few days, but I've had a lot on my mind that had to be "Sorted Out" and a bunch of work to get done. So, while I was working I was sorting things. Also, this recent series of systems has had our signal coming and going and couldn't hold a signal long enough to post without the phone freezing up on me. Today has been crazy with the on/off rain and it has kept me from getting the fence done. I was going to cut the walnut tree up and out of the way and stretch the last pull of fence today, but there wasn't enough time between showers to get it done. We got .6" overnite and about another .2" thruout the day. I did get field1 cut yesterday before the rain. I have to get it done tomorrow, because Fri is suppose to be in the mid 80s and with this soggy ground the humidity will be bad.
On the garden front, we had our first mess of squash and green beans last nite for dinner and there were enough beans for Joyce to can 3pint jars of beans....:)
The ducks area is just one big mud puddle that is ankle deep. They are loving it, but sure isn't pleasant to work in....I have to figure something out for some drainage and get to work on their "Beach"....;)
I'd post some pics, but the signal is still spotty....I'll be catching up on things as I can, just wanted all to know that I'm still "Breathing and Kicking".....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh, ours seems to flucuate with the wind, but with the leaves on the trees and atmospheric conditions, we have the blips from time to time. It does get frustrating, but not enough to pay the $$ for internet by satelite because we use very little.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh, ours seems to fluctuate with the wind, but with the leaves on the trees and atmospheric conditions, we have the blips from time to time. It does get frustrating, but not enough to pay the $$ for internet by satellite because we use very little.
Glad to see you are still with us ;)

Do you have a hardwired phone line to the house? I'm guessing not, no reason to pay for that and a cell phone. Though we do. No cell signal at the house. OK, apparently if you go stand outside by the ornamental cherry you can sometimes make a call. Since we have a hardwired line, we get 15M DSL internet through the phone company.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
With the cell phones we don't need the "Landline", and certainly don't want the robo calls and telemarketers calling either. There is a line at the house, but no plans on dealing with it just for dial-up.....AT&T stopped broadband about a quarter mile up the road, so we'll just deal with the cell. I have 2 computers that have never been hooked to the internet....and by fall it will be 3....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You probably know this but DSL is a far cry from dial up!

And I got another robo call on my TracFone today. The number is unknown to most everyone. Probably only 20 people have it. I didn't say anything and "it" never talked. A couple of days ago I got a call telling me my auto warranty was about to expire. Um, right, it did that several years ago. And last week I got one telling me "Good news, I can get a free upgrade to your home security system" (which I don't have and never have had). So, even cell phones aren't safe from crap calls anymore.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When the tornadoes tore through here April 29, we had terrible phone service for several weeks and it is still kinda iffy. I couldn't even get a text to go through. We have satellite internet and satellite TV and they both go off in bad weather.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The final Stretch.... IMAG2352.jpg ...I got finished with it at 8:30. I have to drive Tposts in the morning, but the fence is done. I still have 2 gates to hang, and cover all 5 with some fence....have to touch-up 3 of the 4 corners, because the ends were not joined to existing pens. So, I have to staple some fence pcs in to close the gap. Make a couple of doors for the "Dotties" and ducks to get out and we should be in Business.....:celebrate
Well, I almost forgot....I have to finish the garden fence, but the CPs go up fairly quickly. It has been a yr now that I wished it to be done, but it truly is more than I ever expected to get accomplished. I would like to Thank the many in the "Herd" here for all the Direction, Suggestions, Encouragement, Support, and Instructions. :thumbsup
I had to get this done, it would've been yesterday, but the dang rain kept me from it....the Temps are going Up and it is suppose to be windy tomorrow and Sat with rain coming Sun, and the next 7 days are mid 80s to low 90s....with the moisture on the ground the Humidity will be up, too. So, that is why I was pushing.
As a side-bar.....I started out this morning to finish up the tree cutting. I don't know how anyone feels about chainsaws, but I will never own another Stihl.....I'd much rather have my old Poulan. Mine got stolen many yrs ago and Dad didn't want to claim it on his Homeowner's ins....so, he went out and bought this pc of Crap to replace my chainsaw that was stolen. Dad wouldn't ask me, or say anything to me, but took it on his own to buy it and give it to me....:he.....but, in a couple of mnths I will have another Poulan....;)

There are a few places that the bottom of the fence doesn't make it to the ground so I'm gonna get the scraps of fence and zip tie it to the fence. Probably this Fall I will put some boards down. I just sandwich the bottom with the boards and put deck screws in them to hold together. I will have to block off the tree stump, because it is too High and close to the fence....so, I know the Boys will be clashing heads over it to see who can make it 1st to be Over the fence....;) I'm just going to staple some old fencing around the stump....high enough off the ground so they can eat around it, or we can use the weed eater around it.
When I finished I did Jump, Shout, and did a 1 legged Jig........:gig
Here are the other 2 stretches that ya haven't seen....IMAG2347.jpg IMAG2348.jpg .....I know y'all are tired of hearing about this Fence, but I just wanted it documented in my journal, of where things have come From and the "Adventures" that occured along the way.....:)