1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Member need info, new to bee keeping - Help each other out discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by CntryBoy777, Sep 17, 2016.

1. May 31, 2017
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

I'd rather they eat rodents than eggs. But when they change their diet - they gotta go. However, catch and release has worked so far.

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  2. May 31, 2017
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I agree whole heartedly and do the same thing, but have and will eliminate them at times, too. So, I don't want anyone thinking that I am attempting to change their "Ways" or thoughts either. I truly do understand, because I use to stand in those "Shoes" too....:)

3. May 31, 2017
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

No problems here... I have had to do the permanent elimination tactic a time or two!

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  4. May 31, 2017
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

We had one that kept trying to get into the house. We moved it a couple of times but it kept coming back. It got into the trash can one time and Teresa was the first one to see it. I was about 1/4 talking to the neighbor with the tractor running and I could clearly hear her yell MIKE

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  5. May 31, 2017
    greybeard

greybeard trigger happy cowboy Golden Herd Member

I've never had one bit of trouble carrying one............"Brang me the hoe!!"

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  6. May 31, 2017
    CntryBoy777

Believe it or not, I have an old hoe handle that the weld on the blade broke, so it only has the little crook on the end....that is my snake tool, so yeh....I hollar the same thing, but a much more different "Meaning" than when my Mom would hollar for the same thing, when I was a bit younger.......:lol:

7. May 31, 2017
    CntryBoy777

I found this on the counter today.... IMAG2363.jpg ...kinda small, but these are early girls that she started in Feb.....considering the weather, I guess it isn't too bad of a start....the plants are Loaded with more coming on, along with different varieties too....:)

8. May 31, 2017
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I can taste a slice of those on a biscuit with some of our Bacon Jam. :drool
    :):)

Devonviolet and CntryBoy777 like this.
  9. May 31, 2017
    CntryBoy777

Saw this while out today.... IMAG2365.jpg ..the gardenia is blooming....oh, and the fragrance is "Mesmerizingly" wonderful....here is the bush, downwind is just a Delight to be around..... IMAG2364.jpg ....I got finished mowing the 2 fields, and the road to the pond...that I started yesterday. Gotta get out early tomorrow and separate the bird pen, so both can be out all day. It won't be anything great...just separating them from each other with half the yard each. It won't be long before they will be able to be out, so I'm just gonna make them an access from their side of the pen to the open area. It's just going to be a hole in the fence big enough for them to fit thru comfortably. When I put the permanent fenceline across the front, I'll just be dismantling it, anyway, so no need for spectacular, just functional......:)
    I think we have 2 Khaki hens that are setting. We have Plenty of eggs, so going to let them set if they wish and see what happens.

Devonviolet, Mike CHS and Bruce like this.
  10. Jun 1, 2017
    CntryBoy777

Well, we could be in for some serious "Duck Math" here. There are 2 hens setting on 1 nest with 20 eggs in it, so the cycling of the ducks may be in progress with quite a few heading to freezer camp later on....:)
    I did get the bird pen separated, so now they each have a yard to be out in at the same time.

Mike CHS likes this.