CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree whole heartedly and do the same thing, but have and will eliminate them at times, too. So, I don't want anyone thinking that I am attempting to change their "Ways" or thoughts either. I truly do understand, because I use to stand in those "Shoes" too....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had one that kept trying to get into the house. We moved it a couple of times but it kept coming back. It got into the trash can one time and Teresa was the first one to see it. I was about 1/4 talking to the neighbor with the tractor running and I could clearly hear her yell MIKE

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
If ya can get the tip of the tail and raise just the last foot of it off the ground and they are still trying to crawl away, ya can get a stick or something in your other hand to support the head and about 2', ya can pick them up and carry them without any trouble at all. There isn't any struggle and they are relaxed. It is only when they feel threatened that they struggle.
I've never had one bit of trouble carrying one............"Brang me the hoe!!"

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I have an old hoe handle that the weld on the blade broke, so it only has the little crook on the end....that is my snake tool, so yeh....I hollar the same thing, but a much more different "Meaning" than when my Mom would hollar for the same thing, when I was a bit younger.......:lol:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found this on the counter today.... IMAG2363.jpg...kinda small, but these are early girls that she started in Feb.....considering the weather, I guess it isn't too bad of a start....the plants are Loaded with more coming on, along with different varieties too....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saw this while out today....IMAG2365.jpg ..the gardenia is blooming....oh, and the fragrance is "Mesmerizingly" wonderful....here is the bush, downwind is just a Delight to be around.....IMAG2364.jpg ....I got finished mowing the 2 fields, and the road to the pond...that I started yesterday. Gotta get out early tomorrow and separate the bird pen, so both can be out all day. It won't be anything great...just separating them from each other with half the yard each. It won't be long before they will be able to be out, so I'm just gonna make them an access from their side of the pen to the open area. It's just going to be a hole in the fence big enough for them to fit thru comfortably. When I put the permanent fenceline across the front, I'll just be dismantling it, anyway, so no need for spectacular, just functional......:)
I think we have 2 Khaki hens that are setting. We have Plenty of eggs, so going to let them set if they wish and see what happens.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we could be in for some serious "Duck Math" here. There are 2 hens setting on 1 nest with 20 eggs in it, so the cycling of the ducks may be in progress with quite a few heading to freezer camp later on....:)
I did get the bird pen separated, so now they each have a yard to be out in at the same time.