CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got a pic of Lil Bit this evening.... IMAG2371.jpg .....after I went in and got the routine going, she came out and got in the tub and preened her feathers....IMAG2372.jpg
IMAG2373.jpg ....she is a real Hoot, and has been since we got them. If she is a good little momma, she will find her place here to hang around as long as she lives. By far she is both of our Favorite duck....and she took all the eggs this morning except 2, that makes 28. Man!!....that could be a whole lotta ducks.....:)

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That is a bunch of quackers for sure! What kind of duck is she? I just got 3 ducks and I don't know much about them, but they are pretty cool! They are one of the few animals that isn't destined for the freezer ever, solely because I don't like how duck tastes in particular.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The 2 "Setters" are both Khaki Campbells, and now there is a Rouen joining in with them. That is the breeds we have, but the only drake is also KC. It will be interesting to watch and if/when they hatch, we are wondering if it is going to be a community project raising them.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not much happening today here, we have had Wet all day today.....this was after 2" of rain earlier....IMAG2376.jpg .....I'm not sure if y'all will remember me trying to explain the considerations for the fence placement and the "Lay of the Land".....but, this is the reason "Why?" I did it this way.
This is what I worked on yesterday....IMAG2377.jpg IMAG2378.jpg ....I have to bend a CP and will have to get 1pc to finish the garden... Just have to attach it to the Tposts....and have to put out another 12 Tposts in the big fence. This water will help the "Pounding" on planting them....:)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have 4 Rouen ducks, two hens and two drakes. So far no eggs have even been laid that I know of. The hens are over a year old. I supposed they could be laying them out by the pond somewhere and not in the coop...

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe ya have some eggs laying around then, @babsbag . They will sure lay anywhere, but these have been fairly good at using the 2 nests in their protected area. We have found just a few elsewhere.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nice wet weather sure does help pounding in T posts! We have a goat pen project in the "blue print" stage right now, especially since cattle panels are on sale, lol. I'm re-using T posts and not looking forward to having to pull them, though I have a decent method for it (hi lift jack and a chain). I gave my mom our t post pounder before we moved, figured she would use it more, and not that I regret it, but I wish I still had it. I've been pounding them in with a 6 lb sledge hammer. It's kind of ridiculous, I stand on my kitchen step ladder so I can reach the top and pound them in. It would be a lot easier with a pounder.
I've tried having my oldest boy do it, because he's taller than I am, but he misses the post a lot and I fear for my hands/arms.

I'm enjoying our "swampy" weather now that it finally rained. Kind of a shame that when it did, it came down with 5 inches all at once and then none since, so it made a giant wet mess and then left. I've found it's easier to work barefoot, I'm not ruining my good boots or sweating my feet off in my mudders, plus I can hose my feet off easily.