CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
We barely got a spit and a sputter out of that storm. The news anchors gave dire warnings all week and just couldn't deliver. One goof drove 3 hours from Tyler to Jasper and finally found rain. Then he stood out in it, complete with rubber boots and an umbrella for the occasion, so he could "show" us folks at home how "bad" the storm was. :lol:
As someone on another board once told me regarding rain..or lack of it.."Boy you just ain't livin right"...
:plbb
We've had 2" since 4am this morning. Going into July with plenty of moisture in the ground sure beats the alternative.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know we have coons here I haven't seen any yet. I'm still working on getting rid of wood chucks. My live trap has caught 6 rabbits so far and zero chucks.
Put out a deer feeder with a game cam on it. You'll see 'em then.

And, should you be so inclined (I am NOT) :
DSC00494.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know we have coons here I haven't seen any yet. I'm still working on getting rid of wood chucks. My live trap has caught 6 rabbits so far and zero chucks.
Do you have a game camera out to see where the chucks hang out? Unfortunately rabbits and chucks seem to like the same foods. Not sure if there is something a chuck desires that a rabbit does not. We have ZERO rabbits this year. So bizarre since we had a new young one show up about every 3 weeks last summer.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've seen them while trucking, but have never lived in an area with them. It sounds like, I'm glad that I don't....but if I did I would quietly do my "Thing" to thin them out too. Even if I had to get a scope to get 'em.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a game camera but I already know where their dens are since they are deep enough to bottom out the golf cart.

Several times I have seen the chucks well enough in the open to get a shot but they manage to place themselves in a line between where I am when I see them and a straight line to a neighbors house so no safe shot.