CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got up, did my usual stuff with the cattle, then around 1pm, decided to mow the lawn since I will be in NorthEast Texas this weekend. Mowed about 1/3 of the lawn, didn't like the way it was cutting and pulled the deck belt off and headed for town to get a new one. No luck on the belt, but did get an idler pulley i noticed had some slack in it, but knew there was another place in Porter that should have the belt. Was going to call ahead, but left my phone at home. Got to Porter, and they didn't have it either. They offered to order it, but I knew my place closer to home could do that. Stopped back by the original vendor, told a different counter guy to order it, and he looked on his computer, walked to a list on the wall, then grabbed his fetch stick and pulled down a belt. They had it after all. 2 hours I coulda been cutting. Got home about 3:45, put the new belt and idler on, and went back to work. Finished the yard, then did all the ditches, then the powerline ROW and out in front of my nearest neighbor's house since she's in her 80s and her worthless grandson can't get off his lazy butt and do anything. Rode back down my access road, mowed what I call my 'garden' and put the mower away just as it was getting dark.

TheCuteOrpington

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Our cute little roo penguin LOVES CUDDLEZ & HUGZ!
Just grab a blanket, a pillow, he'll sit down and sleep!
IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2510.JPG

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds normal these days @greybeard , we are always at the mercy of the face at the counter....and their willingness to do their job. Sounds like ya made the most of the repair and accomplished quite a bit after the repair.....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'll need the whole thing to have a chance. I don't recognize it as is (and might not given the whole thing either!!).

Looks solidly built, no plastic parts to break. Must be old ;)

Latest posts