CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We took Gabbie to the Vet today for her 2nd round of shots and I just have to share the events as they unfolded. This is all Gabbie, but we have been concentrating on her training....when we got to the office there was someone already inside of the small waiting room....a man and wife with 2 boys and a close to yr old chocolate Lab.....I picked Gabbie up and had her in my arms as we walked inside. After seeing the reactions of Gabbie and the other dog...a female...I put Gabbie down and told her to sit....she did.....the youngest boy, about 4-5 wanted to pet her and I told him it would be okay and told Gabbie to be nice.....she licked his hands and chin and he just loved it.....the man finished their business with the lady at the desk and they walked out....I told Gabbie to sit while I told the lady the info on our reason for being there and Gabbie sat until we were called....she also minded on the exam table and the Vet and Tech were so impressed with her that the Tech went and got a bag of the treats they sell and gave her one. The Vet commented again about her being a BIG dog, and she was absolutely beautiful and best GSD he'd seen in quite awhile. Needless to say we felt good at that comment and we were really proud how Gabbie responded in a strange area to our commands. There is still a long way to go, but receiving confirmation of it along the way is a good feeling of accomplishment for her and us, too. We will have had her for 3wks tomorrow and she has come quite a ways in those 3wks......just a walk down memory lane.....here she is 4wks old.... IMAG2772.jpg
This one is when we got her....IMAG2853.jpg
...and this was yesterday....IMAG2996.jpg
She loves playing with that empty cool whip container....:)
On another note, in looking back over this past year, we hatched our first duck....this was Soli at 3days old....IMAG0495.jpg ....and this was Soli today....
IMAG3001.jpg ....he still remembers his chicken hen momma and she still remembers him they talk to each other still thru the fences and Soli will walk with the chickens as the stroll along a fence that he can get to.....and people ask us "Why?" we raise animals.....:)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
You should be proud of what you are doing as well as proud of Gabbie. Commitment to training up a dog properly makes a world of difference. German Shepherds are the most highly trainable dogs in the world. This is why they are used for EVERYTHING! They are smart and need that relationship/companionship much more than most breeds. All my Gsd's were trained off lead before they were ever trained on lead... they are truly a praise response breed.

Do you know if the breeder tested for DM? I think we talked about that before but I can't remember.

She is beautiful, strong sable. I love the GSD, still they steal my heart.