CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
In reflecting back over this past year, there have been accomplishments, changes, and a new additions that have taken place here at the Lazy A** Acres. Getting the fence done was the biggest accomplishment and brought the most changes.....however, we do on occasion miss going on our "Goat Walks" from time to time and the dIly interaction with them, but we are more thankful to not have to do so....to tell ya the truth I miss updating y'all with the daily "Adventures", but as things have expanded time has been an issue. The new additions of Gabbie and Soli have been interesting to say the least, and are going well. It is rather difficult to sit here and make plans for this year, as things are unsettled with Dad's passing and the plans for further expansion have been put on hold or canceled depending on the direction of things. If we do stay here, then there will be more fencing done and there are tenative plans in raising a few meat goats....probably Kikos....there may also be more definite plans made with the birds and possibly adding a couple of LGDs. There again, we could sell out and move, too....so, ya never know what may end up taking place....if we do go, tho....Callie and Gabbie will go with us. If we stay, I plan on making good use of the box that @greybeard sent to me and will definitely be adding some electric fence. I still plan on working on the ditch thru the winter, but when and as weather and temps allow....get Gabbie some outside time....just being a farm dawg.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, since it has been since last year that I posted any pics of Gabbie....:gig.....here is a couple of her sporting her "Detroit Lean" look.... IMAG3003.jpg
IMAG3005.jpg ....we tried her off lead, but there has been a difficulty in her chasing the roosters and responding to commands off lead, so we have control now, and almost had a bad accident with the neighbors dog the other evening with Joyce and their black Lab charging in the darkness. She is still a pup and has those pup distractions, but when it is time to obey, ya have to have the control....for her safety and ours.....I believe it would be a much different story in a few more months, but for now it is on the lead when she is outside.
@Pastor Dave here are a couple of pics of Soli on his side of the fence talking to his momma.....IMAG3008.jpg IMAG3007.jpg He is just to the right of the wood in the pic as the Dotties are on the steps leading down to the fence.....:)

Latest posts