CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It made it up to 41° here today and the sunshine felt good....suppose to have a low of 20° tonite, but warming to the mid 40s tomorrow, but rain coming Sun evening into Mon, but all above freezing will be welcomed. I used the cold to my advantage tho and got rid of a yellow-jacket nest that was in a log that Dad had a bench vise attached to..... IMAG3009.jpg ....they had a small access hole on one side of the vise and I poured a pint of rubbing alcohol into it....removed the vise and found this, so I poured a quart in it today and hauled it to the burn pile for tomorrow. It was 20° when I was messing with it and didn't think they'd be buzzing around too much....:lol:
All the animals surely enjoyed their day today, tho the ducks are still looking for their pool, but their containers of water didn't ice up on them and the ground was wet so they billed all day....they did make a few trips out to where there is grass in the pasture, behind the garden to get some fresh greens. The goats were out there too....IMAG3020.jpg
...but, it was Gabbie that had their attention....IMAG3021.jpg IMAG3024.jpg Also, she is starting to learn how to dig as here nails are growing.....IMAG3017.jpg ....she hasn't gotten both of them going together just yet, but goes at it with 1 paw and her mouth....biting out the grass roots. I don't have a pic of it, but she has a tennis ball that she plays with and 1 of her front paws covers the ball....just to let ya know how big they are. Here are a couple more of her just enjoying the sunshine in the leaves.....IMAG3014.jpg
IMAG3011.jpg ...there is only one more update here today....Soli topped a khaki hen today....can't say it is the very first, but it is the first "Verified" proof of his coming of age.....:).....naw, didn't get a pic of that either...:gig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like Gabbie's floppy ear is beginning to lift. Such a nice looking pup. Hopefully she won't decide to dig under the fences to get to the other animals.

You didn't decide that a pint of alcohol and a match would take care of the wasp nest instead of doubling the dose the second time? That could have been some kind of fun, and you could have roasted some hotdogs or marshmallows ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was a rainy day here...goats stayed inside, but the ducks got back in their pool and were very happy today. Gabbie was 12wks old today and is really growing....she can reach the counter-top with her paws fairly easily, so having to increase "Supervision" of areas that haven't been of concern til now. She was chewing on a rawhide stick and pushing the tennis ball around with her paws and nose....wished I could have got a video of that....but here are a couple of pics of the b'day girl today....IMAG3034.jpg
IMAG3027.jpg ....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't want y'all to think that Gabbie is the only "Adventure" happening here....awww naw....just as always there is something happening at the Lazy A** Acres....as long as there are animals here, ya can count on it....:)
Take today for example....it has been overcast and foggy drizzly since the rain came thru and temps warmed....the animals are looking for some sunshine, but none has showed up. There is a hole cut in the fence for the ducks to come and go from....it is cut in a stretch of 2"x4"x5' welded wire fencing and is roughly 12"x14".....here's a pic...IMAG3041.jpg ....we use this piece of plywood to close them up with to keep them in their yard...I'm standing in the duck yard taking the pic. Joyce happened to be looking out the picture window and told me to come look...so, I did....she asked what do ya see?....I replied Comet and Lightning looking for acorns and ducks in the pool....she said look harder....so, I scanned thru the trees for hawks or anything threatening....I told her that I didn't see anything else except the "Dotties" by a storage bldg....she laughed.....did we get a new duck that ya didn't tell me about?....I said no....then, where did the big black one come from?.....so, I scanned back to the duck yard and there it was.....IMAG3038.jpg ....if ya expand the pic and look in the lower left of the building, ya will see what I saw. I went outside to get a better look and Star knew she was where she shouldn't be....IMAG3039.jpg ....here she is heading back out the way she got in....IMAG3040.jpg ....I guess that shows how short those legs of Star's are cause she isn't even on her knees....she helped herself to some of the duck's pellets...:lol:....we'll have to keep an eye out for this happening to keep her out of trouble....:)
Something else that I haven't shown in a while....here is one of the "Dottie" roos .....IMAG3037.jpg ....they are nice looking.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It got down to 26° this morning from a high of 66° yesterday and the rain changed over to sleet and then to snow, but the moisture already on the ground froze....so, there is ice under everything....had to breakout the propane torch to thaw and open gate latches this morning....thrill, thrill and fun, fun!! The outside cats stayed in their bldg....the Dotties stayed in their pen....the goats stayed in their house.....and the ducks are waddling around having a Blast.....Gabbie wants to get out and run and play in the stuff, but neither of us have the desire to be out in it....slip and break something, so she is inside with us and looking out the window watching the birds at the feeders.....:)