CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The past couple of days we have had some drying going on. I sure am thankful for that, because there is much more coming this way. There were many records broken or tied yesterday with the warm temps we have this time of year. Here is a pic I got of the area the ducks were swimming in.... IMAG3227.jpgIMAG3226.jpg
Soli was asking where the water went....:lol:.....with the amounts they are calling for they may even have more water to swim in here than they did this past time. They will be the only ones happy about the wetness and mud....but, the one thing about it....I ain't toting water and am very Thankful for that.....:).....oh, I'm sorry for not posting an update on Gabbie, but will do that later this afternoon.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a ton of those things around here @Devonviolet and I don't think there is a blame thing that eats them...tho I don't blame them none...I have gotten them in my mouth drinking tea and they sure don't taste very good to me either...I have actually poured out a fresh glass of tea cause they land in it....:somad
UGH!!!! :sick :eek: :sick I can't imagine getting one of them in my mouth! That is disgusting!!! :eek: They stink to high heaven! I can't even imagine how bad they must taste! :sick

We have a 16 foot peak to the ceiling, in our great room. They love to congregate in the corners and around our can lights. When we turn the lights off, they come swarming out. So, we use our vacuum to suck them off the ceiling, and that awful smell emanates from the vacuum bag, and permeates through the whole house.

I can't handle the toxic chemicals in air fresheners. So, we use essential oils in an electronic misting diffuser, combined with the ceiling fans. That helps get rid of that awful smell very quickly.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometimes a chicken will eat a Japanese Beetle. They are a big PITA. They can defoliate plants in no time. If you happen to see this
jap-beetle-larvae1.jpg

In the dirt, give THAT to your chickens, they will definitely eat the dang grubs.
Our chickens love these grubs! Yesterday, when we were digging the trench, to redirect rain water, we found quite a few grubs. One of our Barred Rocks wised up to it and was hanging around to snack on them and the worms we found. When he found a grub, DH would put it on the end of the shovel and hold it up to the fencing between him and the chicken yard. That BR would snatch it off the shovel like it was candy!!! :drool A few other chickens figured out there were treats to be had, but none of them were fast enough to beat out the BR. She always got the prize first! :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, we use our vacuum to suck them off the ceiling, and that awful smell emanates from the vacuum bag, and permeates through the whole house.
That is interesting, we've had plenty of Asian beetles in the house at times. Our beetles don't stink or bite. I wonder if there are multiple kinds.

oh, I'm sorry for not posting an update on Gabbie
:smack

:D

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I got a few pics to share before the deluge arrives, as the fields are about as dry as they will get by 11pm tonite. I noticed that the rye grass blades are getting long enough to bend with the wind, but it doesn't come thru on a pic, but here is a look down the back fence and the recovery it has made....
IMAG3234.jpg ....some of the green is also clover and other things, but most of it is rye grass. I also got a pic on the ditch bank for @Bruce ....this is just the vines around 1 tree on the ditch....IMAG3237.jpg
There are several different kinds there....honeysuckle, green briar, possum grapes, poison ivy, hummingbird vine, and poison oak.....it is a real jungle over there.
Since we have several days of rain moving in, we tried to vive Gabbie an outside overload today...Joyce took her out for several long walks and to play with the frisbee and tennis ball...I walked her and let her run and dig. She is probably excited thinking this is a new daily routine, but will be bored to death to be stuck inside because of rain. Here are some pics of her during her day.....IMAG3233.jpg
IMAG3235.jpg IMAG3236.jpg In the next to last pic I was getting a pic of field#2 to show the water flow, because it is green...but Gabbie bombed it by the time the phone camera snapped the pic.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just thought I'd share this for any and all that have had, now have, or plan to have.....it is so True and describes Gabbie to a "T"......FB_IMG_1518620066483.jpg
....and here is Gabbie in all her Glory....sorry the pic is a bit dark, but she is there.....IMAG0573.jpg ....Joyce snapped it this morning and that is Joyce's recliner....growing like a weed and changing before our eyes....:)