CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee :weee:ep.....:caf.....:woot
We found us a Lawyer today and he is very confident that this can all be handled....and assured us that the date of Aug 1st is not an issue on several different fronts. He isn't cheap, but he isn't outrageous either, so we gave hime the retainer today and he said that once he vets things started that Mrs Williams will be forced to sit down for negotiations....I said that I would like to see that....and he got one of those grins on his face and said she won't have a choice. He held onto all of the evidence that I had and will be talking to the doctor here shortly....:celebrate.....we have also made a few decisions in the process...we will stay put for the time being and see how things unfold....and if we do have to move, we will find us an acre or 2 and have our trlr moved to it and live there while we build our credit rating and then if we wish to buy something, we will keep the trlr as rental property and extra income for Joyce if time catches up to me. We are comfortable in this area and we love our doctor and other aspects of the community. The lawyer believes we have a really good shot at keeping the house, becahse of the history and longevity of us being on the property, where the others have not and could be settled with acres for them.
We would like to thank ALL for their prayers and support thru this very difficult time....:bow :hugs:th....it isn't over yet tho and until there is a true settlement, there won't be a celebration....but, a reprieve sure feels Good right now!!....:)

The real world is often very harsh.
She will undoubtedly have her own attorney(s), and that attorney or team of attorneys is most likely going to be just as confident as yours, that he/they will prevail over your claim.
In case law, precedent is everything, and at least one judge has already accepted that she has a legit claim to the property, otherwise, wouldn't have given you a 'move out' date.

I'm not much on going for broke..all or nothing.. in any endeavor. Expand your options.
You could always offer to buy or even rent the property you have been living on for so long..(at least enough to pay the property taxes annually)...a quick fix, it will involve you actually having something in writing, much cheaper than moving, no co-signer needed, and no debt incurred by you and your immediate family if she and her attorney agree to it.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@greybeard she is not interested in negoiating anything at this point....she wants to keep the whole 20acres in 1 tract of land without the possibility of any of my brother's or my step children able to have any part of it...especially mine, because they are half Jordanian.....everything is meant for blood family only.....thus, the ploy to nix my brother and me out of anything. I very seriously doubt there is a team of lawyers on her side, because she can find no proof to support her stance that dad was of sound mind....he has been delusional since 2007....and something that the lawyer noticed today was the ruling was conducted with me as a tennent and I do not fit that definition, so it isn't the proper paperwork that was filed in the first place....cause I have never paid rent in the 12yrs of living here. I believe there will be a much different light that shines on this now....and depending on how things unfold there could be criminal chgs that she may have to face, but loose lips sink ships and I want to enjoy the cruise....:duc

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
and something that the lawyer noticed today was the ruling was conducted with me as a tennent and I do not fit that definition, so it isn't the proper paperwork that was filed in the first place....cause I have never paid rent in the 12yrs of living here

Whether it was 'properly' filled out or not is probably moot at this point. Precedent has been set.
How would you describe your occupancy and use of the property if not 'tenant'?

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
You and this "precedent" thing......if a cop shows up to arrest ya cause he has a warrant....that you know is bogus....guess what?....ya are arrested and the officer will tell ya to tell it to the judge....when ya go for arraignment and ya try to explain that it is bogus...guess what?....he will tell ya to wait to go to trial....even tho "precedent" has been set that it is a valid warrent and has been accepted and acted upon....ya can't prove it is bogus until given the opportunity for the arguement and the evidence to be heard. It may work differently down in the land of Judge Roy Bean, but here in the land of Cotton precedent doesn't carry that weight....especially when the paper hasn't been produced in a court that has jurisdiction over such action.
Also, there was so much being discussed and topics were changing rather quickly, that I didn't make it a point to find out what I was called by legal standards....I was just happy that I wasn't considered a tenant....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
ya can't prove it is bogus until given the opportunity for the arguement and the evidence to be heard.
True. The judge had no standing to question the "proof of ownership" and had to make a ruling on eviciton as if it were valid. I'm glad this lawyer was willing to listen to your facts. Seems to me that if your father's doctor felt he was not competent to sign such a document several years before it happened, the courts would give that great weight. That isn't "he said, she said" sort of evidence.

Great talking to you Sunday night :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been a truly crazy time here at the Lazy A and so much so that I haven't posted everything that has taken place....but, about half to 2/3 of it....yesterday, after I had called the lawyer and setup the meeting the pump on the well quit working....I went out to check tbe co tacts on the pressure switch, but still couldn't get it running before we had to leave for the appointment....after getting back late and other things to do....not to mention the threat of rain...I apologized to Joyce, but told her I would work on it today....so, I went to town this morning and got a new switch in hopes that would take care of it....well, of course it didn't....so, I called the well people to come check it out.....while I was changing out the switch I happened to look up and noticed Cheetos laying on the ground.....No!!....don't tell me....yep, he had died. He was fine a couple of days ago, but was a bit lethargic yesterday....he went down really quickly....but, well guys were on the way, so had to wait to handle a new situation. The vuys got here found the issue...fixed it and I had to cool off some and catch my breath.....went and added a plot to the family area and then placed Cheetos in his resting spot....right next to his daddy....he loved to hunt squirrel, so I gave him a marker to remember him by..... IMAG3483.jpg
IMAG3484.jpg ....from right to left it is Little Bit, Tigger, Angel, and Cheetos....the only cat we have left from this bloodline is Calli.
Thanks for the Good times!!....IMAG3356.jpg